No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised a $2BN spend warrants a 7% drop in share price for FB, there must be other factors/stuff going on in the market yesterday.

Comment

Nah when FB purchased whatsapp the market fell 4.3% on FB shares, guess investors are worried about money spent on something with no tangible returns for a while if ever.

Comment

They shouldn't have invested in FB as a whole then

How FB is valuied at $155BN is beyond reason.

Comment

How on Earth did they not see this coming?!

Oh yeah...

[hide][/hide]

Comment

The latest Xbox breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at Gamesradar

Comment

With the Kinect, MS's inevitable VR headset could make for the most immersive experience.

Comment

I don't think they will go down the VR route for some time. Neither the PS4 or Xbox one are capable of running the current games at the levels required, certainly not without significant cut backs or looking like last gen games.

All of this VR stuff even with oculus is bearing prepped to be a mobile device , hence why Facebook have grabbed them. The same with MS and this AR headset, which is clearly there to keep google glass at bay and support MS' subscription and devices future which included them buying Nokia.

Comment

Uh oh!

The man who co-created Doom, who co-founded id Software, and who later left id Software for Oculus VR, is being accused by his former employer of taking intellectual property with him to Oculus VR. Lawyers for id Software's parent company, Zenimax Media, sent claims to Oculus VR stating, "It was only through the concerted efforts of Mr. Carmack, using technology developed over many years at, and owned by, ZeniMax, that [Oculus founder] Mr. Luckey was able to transform his garage-based pipe dream into a working reality." The Wall Street Journal obtained copies of the correspondence. Oculus denies Zenimax's claim. The company provided the following statement: "It's unfortunate, but when there's this type of transaction, people come out of the woodwork with ridiculous and absurd claims. We intend to vigorously defend Oculus and its investors to the fullest extent." Update: John Carmack took to Twitter to respond, where he said, "No work I have ever done has been patented. Zenimax owns the code that I wrote, but they don't own VR."

Comment

oh dear.

Facepalm moment for Carmack right there.
                    I have a clause in my contract that states anything I create or invent whilst an employee is property of my employer.

Comment

Yep, it's a common clause that has bitten quite a few in the ass. And it can be messy, messy business if it goes to the courts. Facebook will probably want to settle this pretty fast.

Comment

Turn your phone into an Occulus Rift.....

Comment

Although to get it into focus on my tiny galaxy ace 2, I needed to hold it about a 10" away from my head (held a piece of card in between). Pretty impressive though.....

Comment

Development Kit 2 has arrived for early adopters and a few users seem to think it's almost at consumer retail release levels, though the end product is hopefully slated for a general release in 2015

Detailed review here
                            This website is for sale! theriftarcade.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, theriftarcade.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

First play thread from the Oculus site here

Comment

Exciting stuff.

I didn't realise the DK2 wasn't BC with the previous games, kinda glad I held off.

Comment

Half Life 2 VR mod video is among a lot of good Oculus Rift 2 videos on the web now the DK2 has been in peoples hands for up to a month.

VR headsets and motion controllers are nothing new in the world of gaming. It's not even rare to see them together. But…

Comment

Working...
                                X