Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
    Typical just as I post a review as gone live

Have to say from the review it sounds like brilliant fun, especially if you like Disney. Though I may be being a little bit thick but I don't quite get how it all works, may have to watch the video again and perhaps wait for other reviews but could be promising.
    If you haven't already I would advise you get a copy of Toy Story 3 on 360 or PS3. All Disney have done for this one is improve the Toy Box mode from Toy Story 3. Avalanche previously did Toy Story 3 and that was quite good, however I would avoid Disney Infinity and go with one of the Skylanders games instead.

Reviews are appearing to be quite mixed:
    Disney's ambitious toy-driven family blockbuster delivers the branding, but misses the magic.

Figures are more expensive than Skylanders also.
    Last edited by S3M; 23-08-2013, 14:04.

Comment

6/10

Subscription cancelled
      I would not let my children anywhere near this, I will only allow them to play games that score at least 8/10

Little Billy is currently working his way throug playing the Walking Dead and Heavy Rain, once he is done with that he will be playing Dear esther and Limbo

Comment

Some great reviews some not so, figures are really high quality compared to skylanders nicely stylised too so they all fit together well.

a sea battle with captain jack and davey jhones, where one of us is manning the cannons and another is stearing the boat, how can eurogamer say that's not fun, miserable bastards hate that site, aufull to navigate and really off the mark most of the time.

Comment

I keep seeing the figures on offer and my son loves Cars and is bonkers for Toy Story.

How are people finding this? Are their kids still playing it? Does it come with a base that you click the figures on to?

Comment

I still have to keep my ps3 about for the kids to play this, Cars is great, its the most unique pack too as it turns the game into an open world racer where the others are all all variations on platformers.

We seem to have all the expansion packs too bar the Lone Ranger one as there quite cheap to pick up now, and we have at least two figures from each set, it hasn't really broke the bank as a lot of the figures are quite cheap now.

Be aware though only Toy Story, Cars Pirates the Incredibles, Monsters University and Lone ranger have there own games. Other figures from Disney IP, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, and Nightmare Before Christmas are only playable in the toy box mode. there are themed toy boxes which seem to compliment these extra figures though the wreck it Ralph promoted, Toybox is a race track in the style of sugar rush which is quite cool.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 27-03-2014, 13:23.

Comment

My boys grew tired of it very quickly (despite loving the films they're based around). It's just a bit lifeless and soulless ... and lacks and real substance.

They much prefer Skylanders because they always know where they are with it (what they need to do, where they need to go, etc).

Comment

Working...
              X