Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting for videogamer.com to do an abridged round-up of the conferences.
    I couldn't stop tittering at the E3 one.

Here's the EA video from Gamescom:

Comment

Has there been some announcement about the Japanese release date that I'm missing? Pretty underwhelming show, I'm glad that the system is coming a little later on November 29th tbh. There's so much to play before then anyway.

Cannot believe that all the games they should were low-tech indie games. Ffs I am not spending ?350 to play a flash game from 2005 and Minecraft. The launch line up bores me so much.

The black pads look way better than the coloured ones imo. I would rather everything matched.
      Last edited by wakka; 21-08-2013, 09:06.

Comment

I'm still thinking that the Asia launch will be January/February. That'll suit me TBH, as there might be some good games announced for the launch.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Maybe some games for those who don't enjoy generic third or first person action games lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Has there been some announcement about the Japanese release date that I'm missing? Pretty underwhelming show, I'm glad that the system is coming a little later on November 29th tbh. There's so much to play before then anyway.

Cannot believe that all the games they should were low-tech indie games. Ffs I am not spending ?350 to play a flash game from 2005 and Minecraft. The launch line up bores me so much.

The black pads look way better than the coloured ones imo. I would rather everything matched.
            I agree with this. As good as some of them look, whats the point of having the most powerful console ever if the games are not there to use it? I know full well that they will be at some point, but would have been nice to see some new stuff in action. The current gen/Wii U would run 99% of these with no problems.

Bet i end up playing FF14 on my PS3 more to start with

Comment

Current gen/Wii U could handle most of the launch games but not all of them to the same standard. None could run 64 player BF4 and I very much doubt any of them could run the likes of Dead Rising 3 and Killzone with the same amount of detail.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                Current gen/Wii U could handle most of the launch games but not all of them to the same standard. None could run 64 player BF4 and I very much doubt any of them could run the likes of Dead Rising 3 and Killzone with the same amount of detail.
                The indie games m8

Comment

I gotta say as cool as the PS4 looks I'm considering Ebaying the system when I get it, even if I just get my money back plus ?20 (I preordered at ?335).

I've been trying to ignore it but the launch games are a snorefest for me. J0e said 'mundane' and that's probably the right word. I have no interest in Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, or any of the sports games. Driveclub looks cool but not mindblowing, Killzone looks like it would bore me to tears, and Knack just looks sort of lame.

As for indie games...nah. They could've been done on any number of systems that I already own (and are, in many cases), so they're not system sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                    I agree with this. As good as some of them look, whats the point of having the most powerful console ever if the games are not there to use it? I know full well that they will be at some point, but would have been nice to see some new stuff in action. The current gen/Wii U would run 99% of these with no problems.
                    To me that is being silly . All console systems take time before one see what they can really do and you know the Master System could handle Sonic and Streets Of Rage 2 - but the scale down was so great I wouldn't want to play those version when you could play the Mega Drive .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      To me that is being silly . All console systems take time before one see what they can really do and you know the Master System could handle Sonic and Streets Of Rage 2 - but the scale down was so great I wouldn't want to play those version when you could play the Mega Drive .
                      I wasnt talking about Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs etc mate. It just seems to me at the moment Sony is going all out for indie stuff i can play on a moblie phone(not all of it, but most) It would just have been nice to see say Uncharted 4 or even a brand new game that uses the tech the thing has inside it. Not fully granted, because as you have said it takes time. I guess my point is that as nice as indie games are the real focus of a console like this should be big blockbuster exclusives you cant play elsewhere.

Comment

I wasnt talking about Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs etc mate. It just seems to me at the moment Sony is going all out for indie stuff i can play on a moblie phone(not all of it, but most) It would just have been nice to see say Uncharted 4 or even a brand new game that uses the tech the thing has inside it
                        I think you expect too myself and its not like Uncharted was a launch game for your PS3 - those sorts of games take time to make.
                        Also,I think your point about games would run on a Wii U is silly too. I'm sure the games would run on the old XBox but then the scale down is so great would you want too ?. You could play Fifa , COD or Dead Rising on the Wii , but give me the 360's versions anyday of the week / With the PS 4 and XBox 1 I'll not want to play scaled down version on my 360 or PS3 but will be playing BF 4 and the likes of Fifa on the next gen

Comment

The Day 1 line up is confirmed and is exactly as you'd expect

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the freebies, like Planetside 2 and War Thunder. Sure, I could play em on PC...but still, looking forward to them.

Comment

Didn't get much of a mention yesterday so today here's some new media on DriveClub

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-out-in-2013/

The Day 1 line up is confirmed and is exactly as you'd expect
                                That's not exactly what that article says, but if it's interpreted that way then Ubisoft are actually releasing watchdogs 1 week earlier in the US, which they have not confirmed.

If they have then that opens up the possibility for an earlier than previously thought release for One

Comment

Working...
                                X