Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't they meet in the middle and have medium-sized graphics and 45FPS?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Couldn't they give us the choice? Like all PC games do. I know some don't care about 60fps but it's just a magic number to me. Was playing Crysis 2 and it just didn't seem smooth enough so I ran fraps and discovered it had locked at 50fps rather than 60 (a DX11 issue with CryEngine 3). Switched to DX10 and lovely 60fps was back. Ahhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
        Also, it's not just about the games your dropping that sort of money for, when I have a PS4 I would expect it to also be able to have bigger improvements on things like media services and fluidity of online connectivity, watching that video of the UI, especially the part of being able to watch an online game taking place from the UI and being able to drop in and out of the game without any major disruptions, is, in my view - what a huge part of next generation gaming is all about and that is one of the major reasons why I am going next gen.
        ****ing hell. Nerd alert. Don't you want to like just actually play games?
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Lol :-)

Comment

I don't believe them anyway. RR7 is one of the prettiest games on PS3. It runs at 1080p 60FPS too. The real shock horror part is that it was the first game EVAR released on PS3.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
              Lol :-)
              Fluidity of online connectivity? They don't even say that on QVC.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                Also, it's not just about the games your dropping that sort of money for.
                Really, that's all I expect it to be dropped on. I don't even want a front end. You power up with no disc in and you get f**k-all, I'd love that!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  I'd rather have more bombast and prettiness locked at 30FPS than a more basic looking game running at 60FPS.
                  I wouldn't. Most of the more demanding games I play require 60FPS. (SF4, Bayo, etc.)

Comment

I'm with john carmack on the whole 1080p 60fps thing....

Rage was stunning and achieved it on current gen hardware(as with ridge 7).

Most of the effects that are added that cost the extra frames are not even worth the sacrifice...and dont even get me started on image quality killing options like FXAA.

60fps should not be underestimated when it comes to the success of COD too.

For me, most of the time its just easy/lazy to pump out average looking games at 30fps even now.
                    Last edited by PaTaito; 22-08-2013, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      You never need 60fps GluedOnBeard. It just looks significantly better every time.
                      Fighting, and any decent action game, certainly requires it. Halve the FPS and you halve the depth and flow of the combat.

You've heard of frame-data, right? It's a big part of the science behind input timings. Reduce that by half and your game becomes a joke (DmC).

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        Couldn't they give us the choice? Like all PC games do. I know some don't care about 60fps but it's just a magic number to me. Was playing Crysis 2 and it just didn't seem smooth enough so I ran fraps and discovered it had locked at 50fps rather than 60 (a DX11 issue with CryEngine 3). Switched to DX10 and lovely 60fps was back. Ahhhhh.
                        This all day.....it would be funny when every person who pipes up with comments like "Just enjoy the game" would still pick the 60fps option were it available.

Then again i'm a firm believer that you should put out content that utilises the display device fully. I just dont see how 720p with loads of small insignificant cpu/gpu hungry effects, and waxy FXAA beats a slightly more straightforward, but pinsharp and beautiful 1080p output. 720p 60hz should be standard even on current gen imo.

Surely sharpness/smoothness are the first ports of call when it comes to something looking pretty on any device.

Vita subnative is a particular bugbear of mine.
                        Last edited by PaTaito; 22-08-2013, 17:30.

Comment

After the launch, how long will the drought go on till the next big game release?

Infamous: Second Son, Sucker Punch's third game in its open-world superhero franchise, will launch next February on Pla…

Infamous hits in Feb. Good one Sony

Comment

Not sure it it has bee said PS4 out Nov 29th Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                              This all day.....it would be funny when every person who pipes up with comments like "Just enjoy the game" would still pick the 60fps option were it available.

Then again i'm a firm believer that you should put out content that utilises the display device fully. I just dont see how 720p with loads of small insignificant cpu/gpu hungry effects, and waxy FXAA beats a slightly more straightforward, but pinsharp and beautiful 1080p output. 720p 60hz should be standard even on current gen imo.

Surely sharpness/smoothness are the first ports of call when it comes to something looking pretty on any device.

Vita subnative is a particular bugbear of mine.
                              But, games companies like, like tech companies, will always choose to push boundaries rather than standardise. Look at tvs, push push push for 3d and 4k when 1080p isn't even standardised in either games or broadcasting. Games are the same but have the double problem of resolution and fps.

Daves point about no front end and all resources dedicated to gaming is a valid one, though joe public wouldn't bother.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-08-2013, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                But, games companies like, like tech companies, will always choose to push boundaries rather than standardise. Look at tvs, push push push for 3d and 4k when 1080p isn't even standardised in either games or broadcasting. Games are the same but have the double problem of resolution and fps.

Daves point about no front end and all resources dedicated to gaming is a valid one, though joe public wouldn't bother.
                                But sony have said that 1080p is the standard for ps4 right?

Either way one would imagine the largest percentage of TV's right now has to be 1080p/60hz....both owned and being purchased currently.
                                Last edited by PaTaito; 22-08-2013, 21:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X