No announcement yet.

Forza Motorsport 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more and more i read the more discusted i am with the game. Thats dreadfull you pay up for the DLC cars etc and still have to grind your way to get the bloody cars. More a reason im selling my copy, i just dont have the time to grind away for hours to unlock all the good cars.

I have to say i do feel like a bit of a mug for buying the game now. I kind of new what to expect from the reviews but did not realise it was this bad. I know im selling it but the fact i've already brought it i have in a way given support to MS for buying it in the first place. I shall be paying much more attention in the future if this is the way certain games start to go.

Comment

This was one of the games I was going to buy for my Xbox One. Not now though. I'm going to hold off till the GOTY edition. Even if I have to have it in a "platinum/Classic" style case. Sale lost MS. Tactic fail.

I got so annoyed by this I emailed Microsoft for a response.

"Hi, I recently invested over ?400 in a new Xbox One console. I was looking forward to playing Forza 5 as through
      the unreliability of your Xbox 360 console I was mainly a Playstation user last generation. However this time
      around you had the most interesting games. Before I bought Forza 5 for ?45.00 I thought I would look at
      a few reviews and comments from around the internet. Imagine my surprise to see that a Micro Transaction model
      had also been applied to this game meaning that to get full enjoyment from the title I would need to spend more
      real money. And no small amount either with some of the cars seemingly costing more than the game itself.

I think that this is disgusting. Either follow the free to play route and make the game free but charge for
      extras after to make up the cost of production or charge an upfront fee for the game. But the whole game.
      I have no problem (mostly) with DLC that doesn't directly impact the game and are merely added extras.
      Its the fact that these extras are more or less perceived as part of the game, and more or less required to make the game "complete". I hope that this trend doesn't continue to impact your titles or I fear I may have to move back to Sony or maybe Nintendo."

I'm not really expecting a response. Just letting off some steam.
      Last edited by chipsgravy; 28-11-2013, 17:43.

Comment

You probably won't get a reply, but even if you do they have your money. Broken record time only thing MS understands is $$$, the only way to get rid of this abhorrent practice is to boycott the game. If we don't in 10 years time it's Adam's situation pay to have the graphics, pay to add in music, pay for everything but costing an absolute fortune just to get a complete game.

Comment

This just arrived in an email.
          Dear charlesr

If you purchased the Forza Motorsport 5 Digital Edition from the Xbox Store between November 22, 2013 and December 6, 2013, you were supposed to receive the “Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Car Pack” as communicated and intended. There was an oversight in our technical execution, so now we are making it right. Here’s your code for your free exclusive Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pack that we sent* to your account on Xbox Live

Comment

Comment

Comment

Road America is now available as a free (yes FREE .. I know!) add on ... Here's hoping the Ring will be free as well but I doubt it.

Comment

The lighting looks a little less weird on that track, kinda looks more natural

Comment

Free....Free..what what??awesome will DL in the morning...Free???

Comment

It does cost 3GB though.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        It does cost 3GB though.
                        Thats good isn't it when a standard patch weighs in at 3-6GB?

Comment

Actually quite a good track, but do we really need 90% of the tracks to be American? Free content though. Nice

Comment

New update available

Comment

Heheh. Translation:
                              "No one was buying the DLC because they then had to grind for days to actually get half of the cars they just paid for, so we've put our brains back in and given people cars they've paid good money for. And we've made try before you buy possible for all cars - we've no idea which designer came up with the original decisions, but they aren't working for us any more"

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Heheh. Translation:
                                "No one was buying the DLC because they then had to grind for days to actually get half of the cars they just paid for, so we've put our brains back in and given people cars they've paid good money for. And we've made try before you buy possible for all cars - we've no idea which designer came up with the original decisions, but they aren't working for us any more"
                                What a translation 100% correct

Comment

Working...
                                X