Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    A few more issues:
    "Netflix has encountered a problem and needs to close" - instead of pressing close, I just pressed back and it carried on
    How do enter a code via the numberstring on the console? I can use the QR code, but I couldn't see a way of entering the number for my forza car pack (had to do it on xbox.com).
    Go to store,select game then select scan code on the bottom left is 2 options left option scan code right option input 25 digit code

Comment

Or.
      Xbox use a code.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Yeah... unless it has to be done in-game (like Borderlands 2 shift codes), I put in Xbox codes using the website. Much easier heh.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

You can also use smart glass, when you goto type a code the redeem box appears on tablet/mobile and you just type it on your tablet/phone.
            Handy for the non QR enabled codes.
            Last edited by Family Fry; 24-11-2013, 16:46.

Comment

That made no sense whatsover :P

Comment

I think what Fry was tying to say is that if you use the Smartglass app, that allows you to type with your phone's keyboard directly into the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bear View Post
                  As EB said easiest shortcut for none QR is say Xbox, use a code and just type it in.

I can't believe that only 3yr old gen 1 iPads are dead for smartglass and Xbox one. Why block it from new OS and make us stuck on 5.1.1 and not compatible rubbish. My wives phone works with it ffs and that ain't as powerful...cnuts! Might as well jb it now for flash support, it has done nowt but crash all the time, def won't ever get another iPad when they ditch support so quickly!
                  Not really apple's fault to be fair. Also, how many 3 year old Android tablets run latest os? none. Smart glass devs have chosen, for whatever reason, to require a more recent version of the os. It's pretty annoying, especially when you know the ipad 1 has the power for the app to work. Maybe some 3rd party will make a companion app.

Comment

Maybe some of the core functions of the Smart Glass app are using API's that aren't in IOS 5?

Comment

Anyone else figure out a way around this? When you join in Party Chat it reduces the game volume drastically. Even though I have Kinect chat off it still does this so really quiet when in a party and playing with others.

Also, when you snap Blu-Rays (must be my receiver) the screen goes off for a second and comes back on. Anyone else have this?

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                        Anyone else figure out a way around this? When you join in Party Chat it reduces the game volume drastically. Even though I have Kinect chat off it still does this so really quiet when in a party and playing with others.

Also, when you snap Blu-Rays (must be my receiver) the screen goes off for a second and comes back on. Anyone else have this?
                        Does Blu-Ray support snap?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Maybe some of the core functions of the Smart Glass app are using API's that aren't in IOS 5?
                          Certainly, otherwise it's setting minimum ios version for no reason. Always a balance between using convenient new api vs support for older versions.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Does Blu-Ray support snap?
                            It does. I've brought up menus whilst playing one.

Comment

I get where you're coming from and I agree it's a poor show. Sadly consumer electronic devices seem to be treated differently to PCs though and if you check it out I'm pretty sure you'll find Apple support older devices for longer than the vendors that produce Android and Windows phone devices. I've had a Samsung Phone for less than a year and I know that it'll never receive the current version of Android.

The original iPad only has 256MB or RAM so it's entirely possible that iOS6 simply wouldn't fit on there. It shares a processor with the iPhone 4 (which does support iOS6 - and 7 in fact) but the iPhone has 512MB RAM. Not saying that's the reason but it's a possibility.
                              Last edited by Brad; 24-11-2013, 21:44.

Comment

My launch day is being delayed by the minute here. So, PS4 comes Friday, I'll be at work. I will come home, and have to go to the cinema coz "I promised". (Wario "waaaaaaaaaaaaaah").

Comment

Working...
                                X