This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a 500GB super slim with loads of stuff on it

I set up my Ps4 today and hoping I could just go into downloaded items and start putting digital copies of some of my favourites onto the Ps4, found out quite fast that the store only has PS4 games in it and the only games I could see we're the games I took from PS+ over the last few months like strider and Resogun

I think it stinks that I cant download need for speed which I bought digitally for PS3 and play that version on my Ps4 rather than the ?55 version they have to buy online

I've only got 3 games (alien isolation (swopped destiny for it) trials fusion and the last of us)

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
      I think it stinks that I cant download need for speed which I bought digitally for PS3 and play that version on my Ps4 rather than the ?55 version they have to buy online
      The PS4 isn't backwards compatible with the PS3 though.

Comment

So I've found out

What a waste

Comment

It was never planned to be backwards compatible to be honest Buster and whoever told you it was lied.

Some PSN/PS+ games will be PS3/Vita/PS4 crossbuy so you pay once and get all three versions, but think that only applies to about a dozen games tops.

Comment

My PS4 once again lies dormant. Destiny turned out to be awful, and I'm obviously not going to go near drive club. I've never owned a system that sat for such long periods of time unused, awful really. From what I've seen there is more stuff upcoming on the XBO that I'm interested in too.

Comment

Yeah my ps4 hasn't been used but have bought recently wolfenstein, last of us remastered and the evil within to play through until project cars and gta v is out.

I purposely didn't get the last of us or gta v as I had a feeling they would be out on ps4.

Nothing tempting me on Xbox one maybe forza 5 and horizon 2 to want to buy one.

Comment

Good news and another reason to switch your console on, Firmware 2.0 is coming!
                Now we don't know when it's coming but here's what your getting before or alongside 2.0.

With this update, we’ve added a Players You May Know tile, the ability to listen to your music while gaming, the option to change the look of your PS4 experience, and easier ways to sort and filter your library of content on PS4.

USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.
                Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know in the ?What?s New? section, recommending gamers your friends frequently play with.

Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.

Content Area and Library: PS4?s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player?s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player?s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a ? z or z ? a), recently used, or install date.

Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ?PlayStation? to begin commands, and ?All Commands,? to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including ?Start broadcast,? ?End broadcast,? and ?Find face.?

Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ?Add to Library? button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner?s library without downloading it ? saving space on their hard drive.

Back Up Data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.
                Last edited by Family Fry; 16-10-2014, 20:02.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                  It was never planned to be backwards compatible to be honest Buster and whoever told you it was lied.
                  Och it doesn't matter if I was given guff information but it's s missed trick in my opinion

Much like Colin its looks like its only going to be out when a decent game comes along but tomorrow I have the house to myself and the last of us remastered will be getting smashed (for the 3rd time)

I didn't even try destiny and swopped it for something else and quite glad i did

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    I've never owned a system that sat for such long periods of time unused, awful really.
                    You have obviously never owned a wii u then........lol

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      My PS4 once again lies dormant. Destiny turned out to be awful, and I'm obviously not going to go near drive club. I've never owned a system that sat for such long periods of time unused, awful really. From what I've seen there is more stuff upcoming on the XBO that I'm interested in too.
                      Hence why I bought one yesterday.
                      Project Cars should be good, that's out in five weeks time.
                      Enjoying Evil Within on the PS4, died around ten times in the first half hour mind you. Good job chapter reloads are pretty sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Good news and another reason to switch your console on, Firmware 2.0 is coming!
                        Now we don't know when it's coming but here's what your getting before or alongside 2.0.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...n-colors-more/
                        No flac? Amateurs.

Comment

Looking forward to the 3.0 update that introduces CD playback.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                            Project Cars should be good, that's out in five weeks time.
                            Just announced that it's delayed till March 2015 now on all formats.

The new release date for the PC/PS4/XB1 versions of the game is now March next year. We wanted you guys to read it here first and to try and expand a little more on the reasoning.

Primarily, this has come about because a couple of other big games have announced they are shipping around the same time as our planned first date. We know it might be a little hard to believe but this would have had a very significant impact on our initial sales (and the initial sales period is critical as that's when the majority occur). It became immediately clear therefore that we'd need to move away from this release window.

The other factor at play here which I'm sure most if not all of you are aware of is that the game is still lacking the fixes and polish it really deserves. We've been working extremely hard on tracking towards the original date, and could indeed have made it, but deep down we knew it wouldn't have resulted in the ultimate level of quality that we wanted. Project CARS isn't "just another game" for SMS, it's the start of our very own IP/brand which we believe can live and be successful for a long time. It's critical the first release is a solid one therefore to lay the foundations for those plans.

As such we decided that a release early next year made a lot of sense all round. January is traditionally a very slow month for game sales (people having spent all their spare cash up to and during the holidays). February is affected to a lesser degree so March is an ideal window.

We appreciate there may be some disappointment but hope most will see this as overall a positive move for the project. The main issue with any move like this is a financial one (paying for the additional development time), but fortunately we've been able to resolve this, so it's full steam ahead now in finishing the game and creating the successful launch the game deserves.

Finally, to answer a question which is sure to come up - the additional time we have will largely be spent on the aforementioned fixes and polish. While we may include one or two smaller features and pieces of content which had originally been pushed to post-release, there really isn't time to add anything significantly new, or we'd just be back in the same position of the game lacking the quality level at release it needs.
                            No mention of the Wii U ver. Another one quietly shelved?
                            Last edited by Kron; 17-10-2014, 11:05.

Comment

Disappointed with the delay but pleased they are making the effort to make it better.

Makes me even more pleased I bought a XBox one for a driving game fix (amongst other things).

Comment

Kind of a shame they're tied to the WiiU ver after kickstarter. It's an utter waste of resources for them and as they haven't achieved parity between the PC/PS4/XBO versions exactly then the WiiU version won't be worth bothering with regardless

Comment

Working...
                                X