Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    Wow and 4 people made this!!!!

Comment

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this, but I cannot shake the worry that it looks kinda boring

Comment

Not one part of me believes this will deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Not one part of me believes this will deliver.
            I've thought this all along. It's supposed to be competing with the best of AAA, despite being made by 3 people.

I've never shook the feeling that it's three people who knocked up some interesting tech, and wrangled that into an absolutely amazing trailer for something which ultimately will be novel, interesting, but not the next Minecraft as the industry seems to think it will be.

Comment

That interviewer was awful and those questions were terrible.

"So, like, why hasn't someone else done this?"

He asked that more than once! How the **** can anyone know why a random unknown third-party entity did NOT do something?! FFS.

Perhaps David Cameron did not wear clown shoes today. How can anyone know precisely why he didn't do it? Absolute madness.

I didn't watch the entire thing. Can someone tell me, did he ask something like the following?

"So, its complex maths functions produce non-intuitive results... BUT! Is it possible that out of the 18 quintillion possible planets, one of them might feature something, possibly some procedurally generated glitch, which delete your harddrive? A planet which might not be discovered for several real-life years as people explore, but will wipe everything?"

Comment

When people try something different and it does not quite work often others come along and use those failures to expend the original idea. So if this does not quite pan out it's ideas and coding will no doubt be improved on and something good will eventually come.

So perhaps as gamers who persistently bitch about the state of modern gaming maybe we should at least cheer on fresh ideas yeah?

Comment

But isn't this just Elite but without the trading?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                    So perhaps as gamers who persistently bitch about the state of modern gaming maybe we should at least cheer on fresh ideas yeah?
                    I think we can be excited, whilst maining a certain degree of cynicism. I mean we've been promised things like this before; massive worlds built procedurally, huge environments with INFINITEDETAIL(tm) and complex interacting ecosystems that you can affect. Anyone remember Spore?

We all want it to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      I'm really looking forward to this, but I cannot shake the worry that it looks kinda boring
                      this totally depends on what you expect from it. this isn't going to be another Elite or Mercenary. i look at it as an open world adventure game with endless exploration. my main concern is that most of the planets will look alike with just very little differences in vegetation and wildlife.

Comment

So I hear 65dos are actually doing the full soundtrack now. Couldn't care less about the game, but that might make me play it

Comment

Not sure we're seeing very much more than we've already seen with this 18 min vid, but I'm still quite hopeful for this game, despite the army of nay sayers.

Hello Games founder Sean Murray gives us a guided tour of one planet in No Man's Sky's universe as our month-long IGN First coverage kicks off.

Comment

I'm still skeptical about it. It looks impressive for these short bursts, but I wonder how long the game can keep itself up. Even games with predetermined systems/planets had troubles keeping things interesting, I wonder how a procedurally generated galaxy will differentiate things aside from graphics. I'd also like to see more about player-to-player interactions, that could be the real gist of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Not sure we're seeing very much more than we've already seen with this 18 min vid, but I'm still quite hopeful for this game, despite the army of nay sayers.
                              If it wasn't for the $80 price tag (84 with tax)...

Comment

Hello, PlayStation.Blog! I'm Alex, from Hello Games. Hope you're well! How's your summer going? Ours? We're kinda recovered from E3, where Sean showed off live No Man's Sky gameplay for the first time. It has been a big relief that people seemed to like it. You can't know just how scary it is to show [...]

I'm getting more tempted every time I read about it.

I guess I should stop reading about it >.>

Comment

Working...
                                X