Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a PC makes No Man's Sky less of a unique experience so I think I'm going to hold off on it for now. Going that route will likely see it available for ?20 or less soon anyway

Comment

See, I was thinking about pre-ordering during E3 for the usual 30% off (the week before release luckily) but I'm going to keep thinking. Plenty of time between now and June 21st.

Comment

Big free update and an Xbox One port this summer

Comment

Please, no expectations at all for anything related to this game.
          I was still playing it a year after release, and if Battlefront 2 and MHW hadn't come out, I probably would still. I wonder what the new update will bring. Graphical overhaul to make it look like the demo video, 3 years later?

Comment

There has been mention of VR support for this.

Comment

I wasn't going to jinx it by hoping for it...but what else can they really do?

Comment

Personally they need to make the whole game feel more alive. I like the lonely wanderer aproach on a planets surface but procedurally generated space stations that feel vast and full of aliens, like mass effect would be a start.

Comment

The next update is coming out in the summer and it's the biggest one yet:

Comment

I'm still thinking of getting this.
                    It's just over a tenner on the PS Market at the miunte.

Comment

I've said it before, but even at release I enjoyed it. I think you might too.

Comment

I paid £12.99 May last year when it was on sale. The game was about to (or had just got) vehicles added. I had fun with it, and it runs lovely on a Pro @ 1080p too. That said I did get bored of it, but at just over a tenner it's well worth it.

Comment

keep thinking every time this thread pops up to give it another proper go from the start as i got stuck in a right rut starting all the new tutorial stuff for bases and vehicles in a poor resource system and i wasn't up for a money grind to buy a frigate.

Comment

It's worth a look for a tenner as you will get your money's worth for that before the monotony of the grind kicks in.

Regardless of the improvements that have been made by Hello Games (and it's good that they've continued to support it), the fundamental game loop hasn't changed - all the missions are the same basic fetch quests.

Comment

Well, I treated myself last night before the sale ended as I agree it's worth looking at for a tenner.

Comment

How much has the opening changed - when you are on the first planet and need to find resources to get off? I love the idea of this game, but it took me ages to find the last nugget of purest green what I needed, and I was almost weeping by the time I eventually got into space.

When there was next to no activity at the space station, I gave up.

Comment

Working...
                                X