Game of Not This Year Thread 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Not This Year Thread 2013

So we're currently voting on GOTY for 2013 from those released during the year...But as a fair portion of the forum regularly enjoys a spot of retro, or occasionally joins the party later - this thread is for you.

What was your Game of Not This Year?

I'll admit a fair portion of the year was yet again spent on BF3 on PS3, along with a mid-year revisit to Paper Mario: Sticker Star on 3DS. There was a brief resurgence in the Kanji game I have on DS in October as well.

Demon's Souls.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Probably Rayman Origins or Powerstrike 2 which is amazing game and shows just how good the Master System really is.

Comment

Easily BF3.

Comment

Soldier blade.

Comment

Probably Super Metroid. First played it about 5 years ago and although I enjoyed it I felt a little disappointed that it didn't live up to the hype. Picked it up again on the WiiU for 30p and was absolutely gripped from start to finish - atmospherically nothing comes close and the level design is spectacular. A masterpiece.

Comment

Axelay. Can't believe I ignored it all these years

Other overlooked gems I finally discovered in 2013 were Batsugun and Layer Section. Better late than never

Comment

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Quality DS game that didn't see an EU release. Glad I played it.

Comment

Hmm... hard to say but probably Dead Space 2 for me. Had it ages but, in spite of living the first, I wasn't in the mood for it until earlier this year. And it's excellent. Gets somewhat predictable simply knowing the first but it overcomes that with really interesting moments, some varied locations and just a lot of polish. A really good game.

Comment

Dark Souls

Comment

Virtua Tennis 4.

Comment

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Comment

Zelda Skyward Sword

Comment

I'll go two here.

Went and finally started & completed Borderlands2 as I began working through my backlog before next gen. Played it all in co-op and loved it. That's looking back.

Looking forward I got literally 5 mins with titanfall. Sold. 3 months to go....

Comment

Ace Combat Zero

Comment

Working...
                              X