Worst game story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst game story!

So has anything you've ever played topped the utter dross that I'm playing atm that is Crysis 2?

Never have I seen a story unfold in a game series in such a ridiculous manner.

In the first game...

Crysis

*FIRES NUKE AT ALIENS; THEY GET STRONGER*

*five minutes later kill alien ship with nuke gun???????*

Game ends with a massive alien invasion.

Crysis 2

Ignores the entire ending of the first game and the massive alien invasion.

Suddenly everythings been privatised?????? and the aliens wear armour and are spreading a virus?

I thought they were trying to taraform the earth in the first by turning the island to snow??????

Shadow Hearts on PS2. Look for the old woman's story on You Tube.

Comment

Animal soccer world

Comment

Halo.

Comment

Halo nice to meet you too, Halo's not that bad what about the one where your dropped into a city to shoot aliens and save earth, or the one where your on a planet shooting aliens to save earth. Or the best one where your on a ring shooting aliens driving about saving earth and then the zombie aliens come and you have to shoot two different things.

Every game where punching or kicking is the main thing you do, the things they add to try and and make you interested in progressing through the arcade mode is always terrible, whether its the king of iron fist, or a dead or alive tournament its always bobbins.

It always amazed me that films were made from Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter despite the complete lack of any substance or story in the respective games.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 06-01-2014, 15:30.

Comment

COD, can't remember which one exactly, the one where the bloke keeps going on about the numbers in those terrible cut scenes.

It's one of the The Modern Warfare ones.

Comment

I remember this one game where some dude jumps on a load of turtle's-heads and tries to get a princess, but it seems like she's always in another castle.

I'm pretty sure this is a weakly veiled metaphor for something sexual.

Comment

You guys are making this thread into a joke and you are not going to like the punchline.
                Last edited by Kit; 06-01-2014, 16:20. Reason: ****ed up the This is the End reference xD

Comment

Good thread No doubt someone will start the 'Best Game Story' thread soon (Deadly Premonition will win that).

Worst game story...any generic crappy FPS!

Comment

You've still got the best to come, I couldn't even tell you what happens in Crysis 3. It think they'd given up at that point.

Comment

So many games.

P.N.03 - ending is just wtf.
                      Sin and Punishment (and 2) - just nonsense the whole way through.

These are probably not the worse by any stretch of the imagination. I'll have a think

Comment

The cod games are beyond ridiculous. it's a shame about crysis 2 too, since they had an otherwise-good scifi writer to pen the story.

Battlefield 3 and 4 dropped the ball as well, especially after the progress made in the Bad Company series, which didn't take itself too seriously.

Last but not least the Resi games have become an unwilling parody of their former selves.

Comment

The worst game story is Metal Gear in it's entirety isn't it?
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Panzer Dragon Saga - Last 20 minutes makes no sense you're just left guessing???
                            Bionic Commando - PS3 & Xbox360 - Your wife is your bionic arm??? Also ends on a to be continued story line.

Infinite Space - Suggests the hero is in love with his sister at the end? So, so wrong.

Proffessor Layton - Always ends up with bizzare story lines.

Mass Effect 2 & 3 - Plot holes ahoy

Comment

I'll have you known incest is a hot topic in Japan!

Comment

Working...
                              X