No announcement yet.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Skate 3 a significant improvement over Skate 2?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Is Skate 3 a significant improvement over Skate 2?
      Its a new city, lots of different terrains to skate, huge amount of challenges, nice team mode. I've skated with it very thoroughly & its defo worth it

Comment

The long-awaited Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 has just been revealed in the latest issue of GameInformer. Developed by Robo…

Now official and the title skips everything post THPS4 to bring it back around to 5.

Coming late this year to XBO, PS4, 360 and PS3. Given the title, this is presumably a back to basics direct sequel

Comment

Have they dropped all that Jackass ****e then?

The originals were always tongue-in-cheek, but Underground and everything after just got progressively worse. It's also very dated now.

EDIT: Also worth saying that whilst I enjoyed them, I got less out of the ones after 2 than before. Once they added the ability to connect together manuals/vert skating into combos, it meant that the number of variables/routes through the areas completely exploded.
          Last edited by Asura; 05-05-2015, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ter-5-revealed

Now official and the title skips everything post THPS4 to bring it back around to 5.

Coming late this year to XBO, PS4, 360 and PS3. Given the title, this is presumably a back to basics direct sequel

We get 2 pics of the same tre flip & in what looks like the same location too.
            Made by the same team that made TH Shred & Ride, which is also not a good sign.

I'd still rather see a Skate 4, or even a new Dave Mirra game. Mirra 1 & 2 were awesome with their tricks & mods. Then BMX XXX tried to be like THPS & spoiled it all.

I think they need to put THPS to bed once & for all.

Comment

Those screenshots look like they could be from an iOS game.

Comment

I like the semi realistic tongue in cheek approach of the first four best. The Underground one was where it all died for me:

Jackass nonsense as mentioned, the ****, blocky, art style, gameplay was waaaaaayyyyy off, the whole thing felt like a rip off version.

Never tried the remake as I was told it wasn't a patch on the first two - music repeating constantly also as they only got a few tracks. Skate looked good but a bit too serious perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Or even a DS game

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    I really like them. They're clean and subtle, like Mirror's Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Skate looked good but a bit too serious perhaps?
                      It is more serious, but in the sense that it's much more realistic and closer to a skateboarding sim than anything. Such a good series, I'd much rather see Skate 4 than this. Yes it's packed with tricks, but THPS has always been about combos and scoring - as evidenced by the slew of similar games that came out during its hey day - whereas Skate is purely about skateboarding.

Comment

I kind of like the cheesy dial-in-the-combo gameplay of classic Tony Hawk's and Dave Mirra though. The developer for this doesn't fill me with confidence though.

Comment

Dave Mirra didn't really have that combo style of gameplay tho. It was more like Skate - hard to get to grips with & felt more real than the arcade style of THPS.

Both Mirra & Skate had a creative side to them where you could look for things in your surroundings & try to work out how to pull off that trick that you're thinking in your head. It would take some time & some work but when you got it dialled you felt a genuine felling of achievement

Comment

I've found some higher quality images

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                              Dave Mirra didn't really have that combo style of gameplay tho. It was more like Skate - hard to get to grips with & felt more real than the arcade style of THPS.

Both Mirra & Skate had a creative side to them where you could look for things in your surroundings & try to work out how to pull off that trick that you're thinking in your head. It would take some time & some work but when you got it dialled you felt a genuine felling of achievement
                              I'm talking about Dave Mirra 1 on PS1, which definitely wasn't like that. It was pretty much dial-a-combo, the opposite of what I've played of Skate and its analog stick based controls. I loved that game though, it was bags of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                I'm talking about Dave Mirra 1 on PS1, which definitely wasn't like that. It was pretty much dial-a-combo, the opposite of what I've played of Skate and its analog stick based controls. I loved that game though, it was bags of fun.
                                Really? Maybe its just the way me & my bro used to play it then. We used to look for obscure & different ways to trick off walls/boxes/rails/fences. We tried to play it like a real BMXer (we both did a bit of that too when we was younger).

BMX XXX was just a carbon copy of THPS tho - no skill combo button mashing, mixed with crude behaviour/jokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X