Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One price drop to ?399 with free Titanfall

Total edit as now confirmed

Microsoft has announced the first Xbox One price cut.

From 28th February Xbox One will carry an estimated retail price of ?399.99 in the UK. It currently costs ?429.99.

Coinciding with the announcement, Microsoft has confirmed the Xbox One Titanfall bundle that leaked online earlier this morning. This Titanfall bundle includes an Xbox One console, the Kinect sensor, a standard Xbox One wireless controller, a standard Xbox One Chat Headset, one month of Xbox Live Gold membership and a digital copy of Titanfall for the same price of ?399.99. You can pre-order the bundle from today.
    Microsoft has announced the first Xbox One price cut. From 28th February Xbox One will carry an estimated retail price …
    Last edited by VR46; 24-02-2014, 19:50.

Just said to a friend I thought this was about to happen. All the retailers in the last 24 hours have knocked ?30 off Solus packs or are doing a free game.

Comment

It's happening. Same price as the solus pack.

Also the headset adaptor is out just before Titanfallcas well. MS have obviously been busy for launch 2.0.

Comment

It will be officially announced tomorrow, will kill XBone sales for the next few weeks though surely.

Comment

or up preorders, real shame its not got the limited edition pad or the console that was leaked, as all your really getting is a dl code and a box wrap

Comment

Looks like it's all official now. feb 28th.
            Price drop/titanfall bundle.
            ?399 with Titanfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Looks like it's all official now. feb 28th.
              Price drop/titanfall bundle.
              ?399 with Titanfall.
              http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/offic...399-99/0128574
              I'm surprised. I expected the titanfall bundle to be the same price just with Titanfall included. Shame though that the box/pad itself is just the normal black one thought they might have make abit more effort. ?25 off though with a game and 1 month xbox live, is a good effort to boost sales though.

Comment

It's naturally p***ed off a few but I get where MS is coming from. They really can't afford to miss a beat at the moment with Sony and they have nothing of note due any time soon after Titanfall so they're throwing everything at it. It'll certainly be an interesting study case into Titanfalls popularity, it should do very well but I'm not sure it'll be as big as MS and EA hope it will be. Still, nice to see MS making generally positive pr steps again.

Comment

Good to see MS doing something with the price etc, is effectively ?70 or whatever off once you take the game in to account so is a decent amount/incentive to buyers.
                  Is Titanfall the download code only? no-one seems to have confirmed either way.

Comment

I know in the US it is a digital download code so I am assuming it is the same for the EU.

Comment

Ah OK then. Physical copy would have been nice but guess you can't have it all.

Comment

less than a week ago this was being sold at ?430 with Fifa now its another ?30 off and has brought the console in line with what a ps4 and what a new game would cost so it makes sense and removes another consumer obstacle.

?50 off its price tag in a very short time and the Free Fifa/Forza that was supposedly a pack in for early adopters is staying in the box in the form of TiatanFall, Game have this up to preorder now or you can get the Fifa pack for ?399 now too.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 24-02-2014, 14:22.

Comment

The console alone is ?399 today here at Simply Games here:

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Comment

or

399 with Fifa

or 419 with Fifa and pretty much any other game (link takes you to Dead Rising pack)

What do you reckon my chances are of hitting Tesco for my ?30 back from my less than a week old console purchase

Comment

Didn't this quick price drop happen with the 360 as well?
                              Edit might have been the first xbox
                              Last edited by RobRoy; 24-02-2014, 14:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X