No announcement yet.

Sony announce PSVR for PS4. Project Morpheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony have announced an invite-only press event PSVR event for March 15th in San Francisco:

Hopefully we'll get a release date and price!

Also there's this:

IBM Japan has announced Sword Art Online: The Beginning, a virtual reality project that aims to realize the world of the popular Sword Art Online light novel series.

Sword Art Online to get a VR game. Good lord this sounds awesome.

Comment

May and ?359.99 apparently. Of course if you were unwise enough to not buy the camera, you'll have to buy one of those as well.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Wow, May - if true, that is much earlier than I would have thought!

'Unwise enough not to buy the camera'

Comment

350 was my ceiling price , it still concerns me that it's not going to appeal as mass market with that price tag . Who wants to be stuck with under supported hardware after forking out that much .... Kinect left a bitter taste at 150

Comment

You will also need to buy a game to go with it, and the Headset 2.0 and possibly the PS4 Camera. Mega expensive setup if you don't already have some of those items.

You can use it with all games though. It's like playing your PS4 on an IMAX screen. Plus, one person can use the headset and one can use the TV for split screen games. That's decent extra functionality for me.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 24-02-2016, 10:16.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

^A good example of how amazing VR is when you try it. It's properly mind blowing

Comment

Wait you need the 2.0 headset? I really hated those...

Comment

May release makes sense, pretty quiet so easy to market and it gives Sony all Summer to evaluate how it does. If it performs poorly they have plenty time to bury before Xmas comes around so any negative PR doesn't taint the chances of another mega-fall period. If it does well, then a bumper end of year regardless. The price is good when stacked against VR options elsewhere but taken purely on merit, wouldn't even entertain it.

Comment

Moss is finally out and Eurogamer describe it as "PlayStation VR's finest game to date":
                    Set in an enchanting, storybook world, Moss is an interactive fairytale of grand adventure, bravery and friendship. Now…

"A magical experience that is comfortable enough for VR newcomers to enjoy, while intricate and immersive enough to thrill VR veterans.

Polyarc really has created the perfect game for PSVR here. It's not just something that youngsters and adults alike can enjoy; it's also an experience you'll want to share with as many people as possible. This is VR that's capable of changing people's perception of the platform from one that's a novelty, to one that's a legitimate, exciting progression for gaming as a whole.

The world of Moss feels like a real place, populated with characters that act like living, breathing creatures. The addition of VR elevates the experience to something else entirely. It allows you too lean into Quill's world, to inspect it, to explore it and to fiddle and interact with it. It disintegrates the invisible barriers that have existed between the player and their avatar since video games first came about, and it does so in a way that'll make your heart soar."

Comment

That looks/sounds ace. I am tempted to pick up another PSVR unit but until I can be sure the old handshake/screen drop-out issue won't come back I'm out

Comment

I was won over where the review said "I've said it before and I'll say it again. Moss is like a Studio Ghilbi movie come to life."

Comment

I'm a little out of touch with this thread ... have you taken the plunge yet Chimp?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I was won over where the review said "I've said it before and I'll say it again. Moss is like a Studio Ghilbi movie come to life."
                            I really want to play this i wonder what the chances of it coming to pc later down the line are.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I'm a little out of touch with this thread ... have you taken the plunge yet Chimp?
                              Sadly not.

If I'm honest, I still think it's too expensive.
                              I'm not saying it's not good value for money, I'm saying I can't justify that kind out outlay.
                              It's almost the same price as buying the console again!

I'd love to have one as I love the immersive element, but having a projector has slightly negated the need for one.
                              I know they're different experiences, but it seems daft to go to goggles when you have a massive screen.

I'm hoping PSVR 2.0 will fix a lot of the niggles and possibly drive down prices on 1.0!

Comment

I totally get that. I always said it's like an expensive light-gun. A proper luxury of an accessory, not necessarily the future of gaming.

I was coping rather nicely without mine but Moss is something I'd really love to play. Coupled with the fact I miss my Rez fix and I suddenly find myself eyeing up V2 bundles. Oh lordy ...

Comment

Working...
                                X