Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Sadly not.

If I'm honest, I still think it's too expensive.
    I'm not saying it's not good value for money, I'm saying I can't justify that kind out outlay.
    It's almost the same price as buying the console again!

I'd love to have one as I love the immersive element, but having a projector has slightly negated the need for one.
    I know they're different experiences, but it seems daft to go to goggles when you have a massive screen.

I'm hoping PSVR 2.0 will fix a lot of the niggles and possibly drive down prices on 1.0!
    The issue it has though is there is that their is not much more they can do to improve it with the ps4 as it is, the biggest problem i found with it was the really low resolution it outputted at and the low refresh rate, it made me feel ill in certain games after prolonged play but this could of just been down to me getting my vr legs, when i compare this to Windows Mixed reality ive had none of the adverse affects, thanks to the higher refesh rate of the screens the higher resolution, and the higher fps i can run games at.

i got my dad playing Derail valley on vr the other night which is a great intro to VR its super relaxing exploring the countryside as a train driver and is currently free as its in early access, we worked out how to couple carrages and change the points so we could explore diffrent lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I totally get that. I always said it's like an expensive light-gun. A proper luxury of an accessory, not necessarily the future of gaming.

I was coping rather nicely without mine but Moss is something I'd really love to play. Coupled with the fact I miss my Rez fix and I suddenly find myself eyeing up V2 bundles. Oh lordy ...
      The thing is, I have loads and loads and loads of games I already don't have time to play, so getting VR is a massive luxury.

The thing itself is amazing, revolutionary even, but not something I can justify to myself, let alone the missus!

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      The issue it has though is there is that their is not much more they can do to improve it with the ps4 as it is, the biggest problem i found with it was the really low resolution it outputted at and the low refresh rate, it made me feel ill in certain games after prolonged play but this could of just been down to me getting my vr legs, when i compare this to Windows Mixed reality ive had none of the adverse affects, thanks to the higher refesh rate of the screens the higher resolution, and the higher fps i can run games at.

i got my dad playing Derail valley on vr the other night which is a great intro to VR its super relaxing exploring the countryside as a train driver and is currently free as its in early access, we worked out how to couple carrages and change the points so we could explore diffrent lines.
      I'd love it and that's such a nice experience for you both. I'm a bit jealous of that.

I'm too busy trying to fight Great Jagras in MH:W. I bet you've not got that far yet!
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-02-2018, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I'm too busy trying to fight Great Jagras in MH:W.
        I'd love to get into MH but my gaming schedule is so erratic I always feel I'd get left behind, lol.

Comment

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I keep saying that the beauty of MH:W is it doesn't matter what stage you're at, there's always something to do.
          I'm way behind these guys, so if we play together, it's purely for my benefit now, but everyone loves giving each other a boost.

It's great in co-op but in no way lacking as a solo game.

Jump in!

Comment

I seem to be a PSVR owner again. I took a gamble on the V2 not having the same issues I had with the V1 had and so far it's behaved perfectly I've just taken a trip through Area X and I'm in love all over again

Fingers crossed it stays on best behaviour ... no more screen drop-out please Sony.

Comment

Ha! You crumbled fast!
              Have fun!

Comment

I was always going to eventually pick up a V2 ... I just brought it forward by a bit.

Moss is £24.99 ... my PS Store balance is £24.67 ... ain't it always the case (there's no way I'm linking any payment details with Sony again). I'll pick up some points after work tomorrow.

Comment

I'd love to try Moss, but I'm sure I'd puke after 5 minutes..

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    I was always going to eventually pick up a V2 ... I just brought it forward by a bit.

Moss is £24.99 ... my PS Store balance is £24.67 ... ain't it always the case (there's no way I'm linking any payment details with Sony again). I'll pick up some points after work tomorrow.
                    Welcome back to the VR World . I'm going to get Moss next week on my Day off , also can't wait for Bravo Team as well

Comment

How do you know if you’re buying psvr version 2 or version 1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                        How do you know if you’re buying psvr version 2 or version 1 ?
                        Code on the box will be CUH-ZVR2.

Comment

Sony's latest big PSVR releases for psn gets a shoeing

my fave quote from this

Visually the game is a dreary mess. If the primary colour in a level isn't one of five depressing shades of grey, then it's the type of video game brown that ceased to be fashionable at some point in the late 2000s. You know which one I mean - the kind of miserable brown that reduces distant objects to a smudge and makes you feel as if you've had **** smeared all over your eyeballs.

Comment

Damning.

I hope Sega or Namco do a VR gun game one day.

Comment

Ouch. Think Supermassive overstretched themselves and quality suffered. It's quite rare to see a retail console game quite that poor these days.

And yeah, a well executed Time Crisis VR has the potential to mind bogglingly fun. 5 is great and even an adapted port that would work very well.

Comment

Loathed as I am to quote the "ooh aah" Daily Star, this is an interesting article:
                                SONY has announced a series of deals on their PlayStation VR headset, together with some awesome games and just in time for anyone wishing to pick up the headset before the release of the next big exclusive, Bravo Team.

"SONY PS4 VR PRICE CRASH:
                                Sony PlayStation reveal big savings ahead of Bravo Team release
                                SONY has announced a series of deals on their PlayStation VR headset, together with some awesome games and just in time for anyone wishing to pick up the headset before the release of the next big exclusive, Bravo Team.

Sony PlayStation has announced a special promo for their PS4 Virtual Reality headset, but you'll need to be quick because this is only available until the 13th March.

Also this is also for the newer PSVR headset, which has a number of quality of life improvements over the original headset such as integrated stereo headphones, streamlined cables, HDR pass through and a slimmer headset design.

The new deals come ahead of the gaming giant's next big Virtual Reality exclusive game release, Bravo Team, which is set to hit shops later this week.

Back to the deal though and right now you can pick up the VR headset for just £299.99 with a whole load of goodies thrown in on top.

The lead offer available is for the PS VR Starter Pack, which includes your headset, camera, a digital copy of VR Worlds and SuperMassive's latest VR horror title, The Inpatient.

You can get all of this for just £299.99, either from Tesco, Argos or Smyths Toys.

Alternatively, if horror isn't really your thing, you can get the same PS VR Starter Pack (headset, camera and VR Worlds) and a selected game for the same price, which includes Farpoint (excellent), Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (also good, but horror) and Superhot VR (also excellent but requires move controllers).

If the latter sounds like more your thing, you can pick up the discounted offer from the likes of GAME, Amazon, Argos or ShopTo.

What you’ll find in the box
                                PlayStation VR headset
                                Processor unit
                                Stereo earbuds
                                HDMI cable
                                USB cable
                                AC adaptor and power cord
                                PS VR headset connection adaptor

PLUS - Try eight incredible games
                                Included with every PlayStation VR headset is a demo disc, giving you the chance to try out these amazing PS VR titles:

RIGS Mechanized Combat League
                                PlayStation VR Worlds
                                Tumble VR
                                DRIVECLUB VR
                                Battlezone
                                EVE: Valkyrie
                                Headmaster
                                Wayward Sky

This is also just the start for a really productive year for PS VR and the future is looking brighter with every passing month in 2018.

In a statement to Nikkei earlier this year, Sony said it expects to increase its PS VR titles by around 80% by the end of 2018 to 280 games.

Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida has also championed the product, but admitted that the firm continues to try to get gamers to experience the headset to really understand how good it is.

"It’s a small community. And we respect each other. I think, the success of any of us, is the success of all of us.

“Because, [with] VR you have to experience it to really to understand the potential of this new medium.

"That’s the most difficult part, we were struggling. You have to communicate; you can't just show the trailer, because the experience is different.

"Getting more people to try good VR for the first time is a win for all of us. We are working on good VR.”

The VR headset released back in October 2017 to strong reviews and whilst we're not personally using it every day, it has proven to be a popular past time for us now and again when the right game comes along. "

Comment

Working...
                                X