Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament - Next Gen (PC, Linux & Mac)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really isn't. You miss out on the whole aim acceleration fidelity that a mouse provides. That's not even taking inventory management into question. I can't even use my trusted standard Dell office mouse anymore, I need my Razer tuned to my liking.

Comment

also ut3 ps3 supported kb and mouse

Comment

I mean, of course the games 'work', but you really are limiting your input substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by mugetsu View Post
          also ut3 ps3 supported kb and mouse
          So did Q3A on the Dreamcast.

Problem solved.

Comment

Yes but im no longer n the Gamng Maste Race club and the vast majority of my console based now an that why ive lost those skills of k&m, iv still got some reflexes as i played shootmania on pc an still was pretty good,bu its the old saying if you dont use it you lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              I mean, of course the games 'work', but you really are limiting your input substantially.
              But then so is everybody else playing the game ... Don't see what the fuss is about ... Don't get me wrong there are certain games I wouldn't play on a console, for example RTS games don't work particularly well control wise.

I guess some are less hung up on this than others .. I have played a lot of FPS games in my time, and I still play console and PC shooters, and whilst there are some that I wouldn't play with a pad (Tribes :Ascend is a good example) the majority are still perfectly playable on consoles.

Getting back to the original point though, I can't see why there wouldn't be a version of this (or a separate version) of UT on consoles, not everyone games on a PC, so why shouldn't console owners get to play some of these games as well. It does strike me as a little bit PC MasterRace to say that there should not be a version of UT on consoles period.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                Quake on 360 says hello, its just plain wrong to say these games dont work on consoles.
                lol, you cannot be serious?

can you do this on the 360 version?

Comment

To be fair 99.9% of PC gamers can't do that on the PC version.

I do agree that this doesn't really belong on consoles though. Consoles don't really have twitch FPS. Twitch on console is leisurely with a KB/M and putting KB/M support on the console version is dumb; no one wants to play the game like that. I tried it with UT3 on PS3 but it was a novelty rather than something I'd do full time.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                    Getting back to the original point though, I can't see why there wouldn't be a version of this (or a separate version) of UT on consoles, not everyone games on a PC, so why shouldn't console owners get to play some of these games as well. It does strike me as a little bit PC MasterRace to say that there should not be a version of UT on consoles period.
                    I should state that I really don't have an issue with there being a version on console. I just want them to focus on PC, design the movement, aiming and game mechanics around that, and then later put it on console - rather than making design decisions now thinking "how will we make this work on a pad later?".

It'd be daft to be so "PC Master Race" as to be angry that the Unreal Championship games existed (though those people do exist )

Comment

No one's saying console gamers shouldn't be allowed to play these games, we're just saying that given the choice of preferred platform we'd go with whatever offers a m/kb every time.

Comment

The only time I can see it being an issue is if the console and PC servers were shared, resulting in some people being disadvantaged by using a different control type. This was evident on the Dreamcast, though in strange ways - Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament were both compatible with kb/m and those users were generally advantaged when it came to moving and jumping, but controller users had robot-like auto-aim (shooting at 45 degree angles sometimes!). It resulted in a really unbalanced game.

As long as everybody is using the same control scheme, I don't think there is an issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X