No announcement yet.

Halo : the Master Chef Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so The Master Chief Collection is having issues on-line too, seems this gen is the gen of broken online gaming.

Comment

Halo CE doesn't feel very good after ploughing time into more recently developed first person titles.

Good to see the Chief again, but not getting the excitement I was hoping for from revisiting Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        so The Master Chief Collection is having issues on-line too, seems this gen is the gen of broken online gaming.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...hmaking-issues
        tis pretty crappy, it's been that way since saturday and it became more and more apparent that it was broken all the way up to just a few hours from it's US launch.

Comment

Reading the Digital Foundry write up...and it has put me right off.
          The split screen performance sounds awful and its how I would mainly play it.

A Halo tradition for me....the first especially. Both the originals release and the weekend the Anniversary came out, both helped me massively during those weird limbo hours that you seem to get in times of bereavement.

Hopefully a later patch sorts it out.

Comment

UPDATE 12/11/14 13.10pm Microsoft has told Eurogamer that the new update to fix Halo: The Master Chief Collection's mat…

Update for match making hits today and a general fix patch this weekend

Comment

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority. We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you. Another big hurdle was overcome when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon. Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues. I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

Wow. 343 reels it back by the looks. Anyone who has played Halo: Master Chief Collection anytime between launch and yesterday will receive a free in-game avatar, in-game nameplate and 1 month Xbox Live Gold as compensation for the issues the game has seen since it came out. Additionally, down the line there will be a content update to add the Halo 2 multiplayer map Relic to the game as an Anniversary Remastered map for all. The biggest addition for those who qualify is that that 343 has started work on updating the Halo 3: ODST campaign into 1080p, 60fps which will be added to the collection once ready and will be free to those early adopters. Presumably it will be available for purchase for those who played the game after the 19th.

Surely they're going to add Reach to this at some point now seeing as it's the only missing FPS segment of the series?
              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 20-12-2014, 10:26.

Comment

I was about to say the only thing missing is Reach and I guess Halo Wars...

Comment

I would much rather they fixed the bloody matchmsking first , no resources should be wasted on future Dlc until it's 100% fixed , then and only then should they start thinking about this gesture

Comment

Pretty impressive compo though. Sadly I expect they will release a full disk version as some kind of special edition and I am going to end up double dipping.

Comment

Nice signal to the fans. The ODST campaign must be the most underrated campaign of any FPS. Too bad the firefight mode isn't making it as it's one of the best co-op shooter experiences to date.

Comment

343 earmarks a new era in face palming by introducing the masses to game patches beta's.

Invites will be going to out to Xbox Preview users who have been chosen based on their playtime of the Collection this Friday, the invites will be for them to download and beta test an upcoming patch for the game.

Is it safe to say they've surpassed Drive Club at this point now?

Comment

Nice compensation if you actually get it. Still no one month Live extension or message about it for me.

Comment

I got the message about the free month last weekend

Comment

It surpassed drive club , battlefield 4 many many times over .

Worst release ever!

How on earth did they allow this

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                                It surpassed drive club , battlefield 4 many many times over .

Worst release ever!

How on earth did they allow this
                                Don't think you're being really fair tbh, name one game or developer that's tried something this ambitious , name me a A developer or publisher shiped a collection of 4 games spanning three console generations that not only includes one massive update but all games running at 1080p and 60 fps and includes ALL of the mutliplayer maps ?

I can't think of anything that comes close to the scope of this project - most HD def updates are centere around just one game and then sometimes they're don't run at 60 fps or its just a basic HD update

Comment

Working...
                                X