No announcement yet.

Halo : the Master Chef Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you really do just like to roll ever and let the system shaft you don't you? I suppose if an airplane manufacturer decided to release a plane that could go 3000mph but every single one crashed, you be happy for them to just keep smashing hundreds of people into the ground until they get it right because "name one plane or airplane manufacturer that's tried something this ambitious"?

It's completely broken - there's no excuse for releasing stuff that's this broken. I'm surprised the USA hasn't grouped together for a class action.

And also... what has HD updates got to do with networking, especially when the networking worked fine on all the original releases?

Comment

So you can't name me one developer that's come anywhere close ? And sorry the likes of Halo 3/4 had numerous patches and bug fixes back in the day .

I suppose if an airplane manufacturer decided to release a plane that could go 3000mph but every single one crashed, you be happy for them to just keep smashing hundreds of people into the ground until they get it right because "name one plane or airplane manufacturer that's tried something this ambitious"?
      Rather silly has that's people's life's are at stake there. . It's only a game when all is said and done and since people here like their old systems , just play the old games on the classic systems ?
      Last edited by Team Andromeda; 24-01-2015, 11:20.

Comment

Ok, so the plane analogy was excitingly exaggerated, but it's people's hard earned money spent and they expect what they purchase to work. Not work only in single player. Not work "10 months down the line if you are lucky". But just work. At lease that's what I suppose people think. I can only assume.

I'm sure you aren't happy about it, but the way you come across it's like you don't care that you've bought something that's broken because it was a bit more difficult for the developers than normal. The fact remains it shouldn't have been released in the state it was in. Just because other games / developers have had troubles doesn't excuse another one.

Comment

The halos are old games that worked perfectly on xbox and 360. How do you cock that up? Drive club and bf4 might have been utterly broke but they were new games. The halos are ports. They already knew how to do online and had code that already worked. I'm sure there's a good explanation for it but it seems baffling to gamers.

Comment

The halos are ports
            Its more than ports and Halo 1 was never ever online : To get 4 games from 3 different generations of consoles that share next to no hardware running at 1080p and 60 fps in its self is no mean feat, never mind trying to make sure that all the Online code works fine . Almost every online game I've ever played has needed to be been patched for some unforeseen issues when the game moves away from the development kit on to a production machine and where no developer can truly simulate what its like when millions of gamers get full access to the online part and all start playing at the same time across the world

Not work "10 months down the line if you are lucky
            I think you're exaggerating a little as we're not 10 months down the line and 343 are trying to fix the online code and have owned up to the issues and offered a free game . Though they need just to get it done now and the free offer of a months free LIVE should go on for as long as they take to fix the issues for all owners of Halo Collection imo .

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
              How on earth did they allow this
              How do gamers allow this is the question.

Comment

They should offer every gamer halo 5 for half price at the very least for this cock up . I am considering not evening buying it now as I have no faith in 343.

Comment

They should offer every gamer halo 5 for half price at the very least for this cock up . I am considering not evening buying it now as I have no faith in 343.
                  Why should they? What an entitled attitude people have these days.

Comment

Well I have paid full retail for a half finished game , it's has severely damaged their reputation and halo in general . I think it's the least they could do .

Comment

I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't kinda hoping the issues continue for a while yet... if they do, we might Reach free as well

Comment

Me too... don't care about online tho Halo 2 progress bug is annoying... but the free live month and odst suits me
                        Won't be going anywhere near 5 though in case the bugs in the campaign are worse.

Comment

Well I have paid full retail for a half finished game , it's has severely damaged their reputation and halo in general . I think it's the least they could do .
                          Then take it back and get a full refund .

Comment

Next-gen so polished so far. I'm surprised so many people enjoy being beta testers for ?50 a pop when it should be the other way around.

Comment

Unfortunately it seems to be indicative of ps4, xbone and pc gaming, everyone is just invouluntey testers paying for the privilege.

People bemone nintendos lack of software on the wiiU, but at least the disks work when you put them in the tray.

If I'm right in thinking, the Xbone didn't work at all without a patch on boot up, everyone essentially purchased bricks, this supposed next gen just hasn't done it for me personally.

Comment

Remember when the likes of Namco, Capcom and Co would develop market leading arcade games and then port them across multiple systems while making many other original games and sequels pretty much without fault?

This is a port. All of the original code would have been available. The only work that needed doing was technical work. Amazing they simply couldn't get that right.

Comment

Working...
                                X