No announcement yet.

Halo : the Master Chef Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't see how you can say Halo collection is acceptable, but then say Drive club shouldn't have been released in that state? They were both severely f'ed at launch, and neither of them should have come out in that state, end of.

However, if you're going to directly compare, Driveclub was fixed quite a while ago, whereas Halo is still borked online, and still has the same single player glitches and save game bugs that it had prior to the countless patches.

I understand what you're saying, and offering free stuff to apologise is a positive- Driveclub did the same thing incidentally- but it doesn't excuse it after all the patches it's had, for a lot of the issues to still be the same now as they were before- the time for goodwill is gone, and it's at the point where it's completely unacceptable.

Comment

I honestly don't see how you can say Halo collection is acceptable
      Because I could play through any of the main levels from the 4 Halo games with hardly any issues. Drive Club was not only missing a ton of content but also stuff like Dynamic weather which really made the game even in single player mode (so even single player mode had big issues) . Online Drive Club is still broken, never mind when it 1st game came out - Its a vast difference in my book

Comment

Maybe the difference in opinion stems from the expected usage of the game - I sense that most people bought the game so they could play all the maps in all the games online, whereas a few (you, TA?) who just bought it to replay the SP games in HD will be much less bothered (although not being able to reliably save your progress will mean you still can't actually play the single player Halo 2, months down the line, and I've seen people say same for Halo and Halo 4 too).
        Last edited by charlesr; 27-01-2015, 09:03.

Comment

and I've seen people say same for Halo and Halo 4 too).
          So you don't own the game ?. I've never had any issues saving the game really. And yes I maybe alone but I buy the likes of Halo and COD for the single player modes , don't like playing them on-line anymore as most of the on-line players take those games far, far too seriously and I'm not up for that at all

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            So you don't own the game ?. I've never had any issues saving the game really. And yes I maybe alone but I buy the likes of Halo and COD for the single player modes , don't like playing them on-line anymore as most of the on-line players take those games far, far too seriously and I'm not up for that at all
            Maybe you've not had any issues playing the game due to the amount time spent playing it? Looking at your time played and progress you've not completed any of the single player games. You seem to be defending a game you've spent very little time on try clocking up a few more hours on the game then come back and discuss.

Comment

Put it this way, I adore Halo SP and Halo MP. I was going to purchase an Xbox One purely for a HD collection- bare in mind I (mostly) actively hate HD remasters, and declared I would never buy an Xbox One as I didn't like their new ethos, and am trying to stick to one console this gen.

I was going to go back on my word for this- but the problems effecting both SP and MP turned me off, so not only did it effect sales of the game, but also the console. I'm guessing, the exact opposite effect of releasing this game in the first place.

The hype has died down, and the major SP and MP problems still persist, and I no longer want an Xbox One again- I wonder how many others this has had the same effect on?

The SP cannot consistently save unless you complete the entire level at once. Halo 2 alone would prove a difficult task with it's increased difficultly. Not being able to save my game is a game breaking issue. Not being able to use parties, or join MP games is a game breaking issue. I can't see any argument other than that apart from apologists.

A shame really, seeing as MS seem to be turning things around and on the right track to win people like me back. The game that would have done that in the future was Halo 5, but now im going to be cautious about purchasing a console for that, Incase the same issues continue- it's a shame that one release can have that much effect- but it really can. A real shame.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                The hype has died down, and the major SP and MP problems still persist, and I no longer want an Xbox One again- I wonder how many others this has had the same effect on?
                I said that if people were still playing feverishly come March I'd jump in myself, despite still having a bad taste in my mouth over their unveiling.

Are people still playing, then? Two months left.

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
                  Maybe you've not had any issues playing the game due to the amount time spent playing it? Looking at your time played and progress you've not completed any of the single player games. You seem to be defending a game you've spent very little time on try clocking up a few more hours on the game then come back and discuss.
                  That's always the case. Slating people for not buying broken or turd games despite said people actually playing said games to completion, sometimes multiple times, compared to the defendant's '5' gamer score, or similarly futile stage 1 achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
                    Classic detective work there Noel, would Teamy like to come back and fill us in on his lack of time spent with halo master chief collection
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 27-01-2015, 10:14.

Comment

So you don't own the game ?.
                      No, of course not. I'll buy it when it's fixed. Battlefield 4 slapped me hard in this area.

Comment

Because I could play through any of the main levels from the 4 Halo games with hardly any issues.
                        But haven't, it seems. A theoretical argument.

Comment

Classic detective work there Noel, would Teamy like to come back and fill us in on his lack of time spent with halo master chief collectio
                          It's called the Nephew having a XBone for Christmas and borrowing games, and working 60 + plus a week so can't be assed even to knock on the consoles half the time when in the house

Comment

So it's ok for you to play a game on someone else's system buy not me?

Boy talk about impaled on your own sword.
                            Last edited by nakamura; 27-01-2015, 11:26.

Comment

I do recall TA giving you stick about that in the past actually hahah!

Comment

So it's for you to play a game on someone else's system
                                Huh I own the XBox One and the likes of Halo collection , can't help family members borrowing my games from time to time . Every game or system I post views about I do acutally own . Don't think I've ever posted a comment or views on the likes of NES or the PC-Eng FX or their games for a very good reason

Comment

Working...
                                X