Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3500 o_O

I can't believe people will pay so much for these defect ones when there are probably crates and crates of 'seconds' in China that were rejected during factory QA.

Comment

Another hour another dodgy character, this time from Animal Crossing with back to front arms, pic on this link

A rare defective Peach Amiibo with no legs is now available on eBay.The packaged princess is still able to stand up - a…

Comment

Noone really cares about poor Villager, his auction is at ?40 now. I wonder what drives people to pay such amounts for defective things that won't see use to preserve collectability.

Comment

Finally caved today and brought my first two Amiibos, Pikachu and Samus. I don't actually have a Wii U to use them with yet but i could not resist

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            I see myself buying them just for collection, but so far I've held off. However, if they start printing some characters from Fire Emblem I might plunge some real money into them...
            Marth is out, Ike is due in the 3rd batch.

Comment

I got Link. This is actually my first figure of anything, since I was a kid. It's a nice display piece, if nothing else. The Amiibo feature on SMB didn't really blow me away.

Comment

I got a bit carried away, they look quite decent up close though...

Comment

I was really looking forward to the release of these but the way these are being handled in the UK is a joke. The only places I've seen these being sold are HMV in London and Game had some in on the back wall behind the counter with none on the store shelves. I've found none in any of the supermarkets which are filled with both skylanders and disney figures, if amiibos were going to be a big thing to sell the Wii U then it's not going to work when stores refuse to stock them.

Then there's the price, in America these are $12.99, in Game and HMV they are ?15, it's bad enough when companies just turn the $ sign into a ? without changing the figure but no it's gotten worse. I hope these do well for Nintendo but I can't see them doing well in the UK if they can't sort these issues out.

Comment

WTF ?15? that can't be the real price surely?

When people say the price isn't bad you should really look around, for 2250 yen (?11) you could get a figuarts Mario

Fair enough amiibo unlock content unlike plain figures, but a lot of people seem to be just collecting them as figures and in that regard they are really poor value for money.

Comment

Yeah I guess your right, if you go to Argos you get a quid off when you buy 2. I still think they look pretty cool tbh, but Game are taking the p***!

Comment

In Japan they are roughly about 1200yen each (about ?6) something is seriously wrong in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          In Japan they are roughly about 1200yen each (about ?6) something is seriously wrong in the UK.
                          Wowzers! Didn't realise we were getting shafted so badly!

Comment

The Fox one looked alright in GAME today. The basic human ones all look awful though.

Comment

Holy crap, Marth, Villager and WiiFit Trainer prices have sky-rocketed.

Comment

People are STUPID.

Comment

Working...
                                X