No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not seen a Cube adaptor myself come to think of it, just the controller variants. Got to be low production rather than demand, the Pro Controller is by far the better pad

Comment

Marth is up to $99.95 on Amazon Canada. I'd sell mine if it was worth the hassle*

*$99.95 covers all my Amiibo purchases, so it may come to pass that I WILL sell.

Comment

well as its just a case of stocks running out and these things will be back in stores soon i seriously would jump on the ebay idiots paying ?50 for a ?10 figure.

Comment

My local Sainsburys had a Marth yesterday but I bought Link instead. If I'd known about March's limited availability I might have chosen differently. Maybe I'll pop up there before heading to work.

I've bought Fox, Link and Mario but, honestly, I've no idea what the point of them is. So I just fight against them to level them up in Smash Bros? Then what?

Can I use them as a playable character online or anything?

Comment

The GC controllers are, strangely, very cheap here. Y1800, so about a tenner. Sorry, going OT.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              My local Sainsburys had a Marth yesterday but I bought Link instead. If I'd known about March's limited availability I might have chosen differently. Maybe I'll pop up there before heading to work.

I've bought Fox, Link and Mario but, honestly, I've no idea what the point of them is. So I just fight against them to level them up in Smash Bros? Then what?

Can I use them as a playable character online or anything?
              The details of their functionality were available way before you bought them...What was you expecting exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                The details of their functionality were available way before you bought them...What was you expecting exactly?
                Something not Rubbish and pointless maybe

"oh look my fake character can battle your fake character, im just off to make a cup of tee" yawn, as ive said before the first wave of these things really is an after thought as aposed to a unique way to play a Mario game like Disney infinty and Skylanders are. Kids love collecting stuff if there's a reason to do so, A mario rpg type adventure thing that lets you build a team and level them up with new attacks in Nintendo themed worlds like skylanders dose would have been a much better start for amiibo. Also Where's my Captain N Amibo and why isn't he in smash bros riding a giant gameboy.

Last edited by Lebowski; 09-12-2014, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  Also Where's my Captain N Amibo and why isn't he in smash bros riding a giant gameboy.

As awesome as it would be to see Kevin Keene return with his NES controller belt buckle and Zapper, he's a pure NoA creation. NCL would never/will never acknowledge his existence.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-12-2014, 13:03.

Comment

You can tell they are rubbish and pointless without buying them! It's pure hype-train sucking everybody in at the moment.

If they had some more functionality like Skylanders/Disney etc then sure they would be worth the money, but as it is they are just a rip-off. Much better off to buy a better figurine e.g. I bought a 1ft tall Mario for ?20 years ago.

Comment

I got a Link bo mainly for figure. That's where I drew the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                        I thought it might be fun.

Sorry.

Comment

(I think) I managed to grab a Marth from the Nintendo store earlier today, when they were briefly back in stock.
                          Happily trade for a villager, deformed or not, as that's the only one I really wanted.
                          Kirby is in stock now, incidentally.

Comment

My mate was telling me there's more to these Amiibos than just having some character in SSB. He bought the Zelda one and said he can get stuff in Hyrule Warriors if he taps that every day. I think there's other stuff, like DLC you'd normally have to pay for.

I guess it depends on which one you actually buy, and there's every chance that some/most of what they promise won't come to fruition. I'd be interested in finding out if they can be reprogrammed. That would be funny

Comment

I can use one of mine to unlock my Nexus 7 as it will accept registered NFC devices.

Comment

I mean for official cool stuff, like replacing the Zelda code with the Kirby one so you could buy one Amiibo and use all the characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X