No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had worried about missing out when I traded on CT but the Amiibo content looks very minor. Somewhat disappointed that there isn't a Captain Toad Amiibo though

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      I had worried about missing out when I traded on CT but the Amiibo content looks very minor. Somewhat disappointed that there isn't a Captain Toad Amiibo though
      Agreed, the Toad Amiibo looks very boring, like a capsule toy prize really and the add-on content for Captain Toad is a little uninspired, it could have been a range of Captain Toad themed Amiibo's, one every 3 months offering 3 levels based on the theme of the Amiibo but no, that's effort and cost...

Comment

Or just give me an option to buy a dlc pack instead of having to have plastic figures! Oh well...

Comment

I think I've decided to skip the Toad Amiibo thanks to one thing... it's all about the base. Out of every Amiibo I own and would own from those out and announced, he'd stick out like a sore thumb thanks to that red base. Maybe Nintendo will eventually do some none Smash Bros series ones I want but Toad isn't well done enough for me to push through the irritance of his base yet

Comment

I think I've decided to skip the Toad Amiibo thanks to one thing... it's all about the base.
            No Treble?

Comment

I think I've decided to skip the Toad Amiibo thanks to one thing... it's all about the base. Out of every Amiibo I own and would own from those out and announced, he'd stick out like a sore thumb thanks to that red base. Maybe Nintendo will eventually do some none Smash Bros series ones I want but Toad isn't well done enough for me to push through the irritance of his base yet
              Look at the Disney Infinity. Then COME ON NINTENDO. Lazy chumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                No Treble?

I so would

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Look at the Disney Infinity. Then COME ON NINTENDO. Lazy chumps.
                There are loads, once Amiibo started I had to make myself cut Infinity short. Just got a nice little line of the main Wave 1's now

Comment

Yeah I have had a look but the core game seems to simplistic. The Marvel and especially Guardians figures are brilliant,, though.

I meant the bases - each is unique. Nintendo could have easily added "Nintendo floors" to each figure.

Comment

They should have definitely looked into, you just accept the Infinity bases whereas the red bases on the latest Amiibo's seem out of place now. I hope Amiibo gets some proper software at some point, Infinity was reasonable kids friendly fun for a bit. Infinity 2.0 was an awful cash grab though outside of the figures themselves.

Comment

Rather than a Disney Infinity/Skylanders game I think Amiibo would be perfect for a "free-to-play" NES Remix style game ("Warioware Amiibox" or something) where you play remixed levels of classic games using your Amiibo to swap the sprites i.e play world 1-1 of Super Mario Bros with Donkey Kong Jr or fight a Yoshi's Island boss with Kirby or play a few simple tasks in a GBA Pokemon with Minish Cap's Toon Link and so on...
                      Last edited by Pikate; 15-01-2015, 22:53.

Comment

So...other places (Amazon, ShopTo, etc.?) are going to stock the Wave 5 amiibo, right?

GAME have already sold out their pre-order allocation! I only really want Pac-Man, which is annoying as I was on their website yesterday and didn't pre-order when I had the chance to! :P

Comment

Are they on the nintendo site?

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                            Are they on the nintendo site?
                            Not as far as I know...

Comment

Wave 5 are proving tough to find for pre-order at the moment. I will let you know if I manage it.

In better news, my Toon Link appears to have been sent already from Amazon.fr. Have they broken the release date accidentally perhaps?

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me after the Wave 2 fiasco though releasing a week before schedule seems standard for these now, I've started to just budget for them as such. It's probably one of the biggest issues with Amiibo, the cavalier approach to launching them. Though you have to be fairly swift to pounce, I've seen every single one at retail so far at some point so I no longer feel as much urgency to panic over them.

Amazon.de and .fr are brilliant sources for them too, I have everything I want from Wave's 3 and 4 preordered via one method or another and if something pops up in store early I can just cancel the order. Wave 5 is likely the point where things will start to get shown up too, the early high price buyers of Marth, Trainer and Villager have already lost out financially and now Nintendo knows the popularity I doubt there'll be such low early print runs either.

Comment

Working...
                                X