Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    It's called artificial scarcity. It's actually very good business.
    I'm sure that the scalpers buying up all the amiibo at RRP and then selling them on with extortionate mark-ups don't disagree.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-03-2015, 18:35.

Comment

Marth is getting a second run at the end of April

Comment

Just a heads up, was in GAME earlier today and they seem to have them all reduced from ?14.99 to a tenner.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
          Just a heads up, was in GAME earlier today and they seem to have them all reduced from ?14.99 to a tenner.
          ... now that they have Donkey Kong, a Peach with two left hands and forty-five Mario's.

Comment

There were a lot of Mario's but there must have had about 20 different characters in total.

Double points on anything bought and sold in GAME today too, was in sunny Ilford anyway.

Comment

Was reading about hackers working on using phones nfc instead of the figures. Would be a better solution. Nintendo could even release an app themselves with some microtransactions for character packs.

Comment

Comment

Shulk is now ?55 on Amazon.

That would mean that, even by conservative estimate, the Shulk Amiibo is worth more than both of the games in which he appeared.

That being said, I see Zero Suit Samus has been announced; I'll have to get a pre-order in as she's the only character I've really got the hang of in Smash. That should give Nintendo ample time to show more uses for the Amiibos, or I can cancel the preorder.

Think Amiibo might end up being this generation's plastic guitar? Like in 2 years' time, charity shops are going to be inundated with them?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Was reading about hackers working on using phones nfc instead of the figures. Would be a better solution. Nintendo could even release an app themselves with some microtransactions for character packs.
                    But then they can't sell you a ?15 figure with rediculas profit margins? Silly goose.

@ Dave. Pre Internet I would agree that it's good practice to have artificial scarcity on some products, it drives customers into stores looking for it and half the time they spend money anyway, then carry on looking for said item and buy that as well. Now days it's just and excuse for scalpers to stick it straight on eBay or Amazon however.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-04-2015, 09:32.

Comment

Still waiting to pre-order Lucina and Robin, now I'd like to get the Squidlings too.

Comment

I want the Yoshi ones. Maybe the Splatoon ones too but the triple pack won't be available in the UK.

Comment

It'll be available for about 12 seconds in North America I imagine.

Comment

Nintendo's limited-edition run of Gold Mario Amiibo figurines are changing hands for up to £100 each via eBay.The speci…

Gold Mario immediately going for ?100 on ebay.

As far as Amiibo goes, I think it's time for me to cash in and jump out

Comment

These have just become currency. Utterly pointless for someone like me who actually plays with stuff because I couldn't get most of them if I wanted to.

Comment

I think there's around 52 announced and still no sign of Nintendo planning to do anything useful with them, I can just picture the value bottoming out on them soon (especially with reissues like Marth an open door to Nintendo). I only have a handful of the available figures but a quick search but their collective value at over ?150, daft... handy, but daft

Comment

Working...
                                X