No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that would change nothing really, if they try and block this from working then everyones amiibo will stop working too as the id data is identical on both. The app is just used to load the puck with data once you are done you don't need the app again unless you want to back up some save data off your amiibo or add more to your puck.

[edit] looks like a phone is no longer needed as they are releasing a usb reader writer at the end of sept. Just put my order in.
    Last edited by importaku; 29-08-2015, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      But that would change nothing really, if they try and block this from working then everyones amiibo will stop working too
      That's why I said the next version, i.e. whatever makes up Amiibo 2.0. It'll require online authentication because every figure/card will have a unique code.

It can be done. Japanese arcade games that use NFC cards (dating back to ~2006) had unique cards that couldn't be copied. Well, they could, but it was useless as you couldn't use both copies.

Either that or Nintendo will just pack it in and do something else altogether. Either way, hacking Amiibos will just either make them worse for everyone else, or make them go away. Some people want them to go away, of course.

Comment

I don't think many people are buying Amiibos for what they contribute to the games. I don't imagine a device that can clone the info will make any noticeable dent in sales beyond the experiment that is happy home designer.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Some people want them to go away, of course.
          Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Amen.
            Boooo. You don't buy them and people like me who do enjoy having them!

Comment

Haha, as Colin says - I'm Oscar the grouch!

Comment

Just pre ordered old shovels
                Thanks for the heads up

I found Greninja and Meta knight in hmv today, happily added to the collection

Comment

Just pre ordered 8bit Mario amiibo. This and wooly Yoshi are the only ones I am really after. I hope that I don't get addicted to silly trinkets like this though.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoE...84889674145792

Collectors prepare thyselves! Nintendo has announce the Mega Yoshi Yarn Amiibo
                  Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Its feet are HUGE! The little sitting ones look prettier, I reckon.
                  Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Looks crap, wondering whats really the need of a stupidly big one as well.
                  Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                  My 3 year old daughter would love it.....
                  Originally posted by gordon View Post
                  ...and my 14-year old son already says he wants it.
                  Hell, my 25 year old girlfriend wants one!
                  Last edited by MrSands; 08-09-2015, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSands View Post
                    Just pre ordered 8bit Mario amiibo. This and wooly Yoshi are the only ones I am really after. I hope that I don't get addicted to silly trinkets like this though.
                    Just pre ordered
                    silly trinkets
                    I hope that I don't get addicted
                    I may have news for you.

Comment

Wanting to buy the Splatoon three pack, is it possible at a sensible price? I'm not even sure what the RRP was originally, but I see folks selling them at ?50ish on Amazon which seems a little steep. My previous strategy of importing from Japan has had the opposite effect in this case, given Nin-Nin are listing it north of ?100...

Comment

Splatoon can be had at grainger games for ?45

Comment

Excellent work - thanks!

Comment

Got my very first Amiibo today for some reason. Villager and Olimar. The Villager looks better than the photos of the early batches but still isn't exactly right. Too much forehead or something going on in the face. And the smooth areas of plastic are inconsistent and the clear plastic brick around the feet looks weird. Still, looks good from a distance. Olimar, on the other hand, looks pretty excellent. Nice details, great to have the three Pikmin with him and even his clear plastic brick is nicer as it feels hidden with everything else going on.

Comment

I got my Mario Maker 'classic colours' 8 bit Mario one and I'm not massively impressed. It's a bit bigger than the usual amiibos, but the plastic 'pixel' cubes are a bit wonky in places where they've been glued on. Probably my least favourite so far.

Im only buying the ones that come in special editions with the games, so I have a yarn Yoshi, Splatoon squid and standard Mario so far, in addition to this one. Standard Mario isn't great either (although better than the naff Smash one of him with a fireball), but the squid and Yoshi are superb.

Comment

Amiibo really need a game of their own. Something like Infinity where you go in knowing that the Amiibo are part of the deal and you feel like you're really getting something out of them. And I don't think the AC board game is going to cut it.

Comment

Working...
                                X