Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
    No idea what they will do in store. I'm sadly at work on Friday when they are out so [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] has kindly agreed he will try and pop in the local Game in his lunch break to see if there is any chance of getting some, or even reserving some for pick up over the weekend if there is a later delivery.

I'm feeding my need for these cards by trying to complete my Animal Crossing Gummy Card collection. I only need 2 from series 1 (someone online supposedly has one arriving in the post they said I can have in a trade) and 1 from Series 3 that only just came out so I'm fairly confident I can get that one. Sadly the one I'm having no luck with finding (unless I want to spend a fortune on it with postage from the US) is Lucky!
    Do you want lucky just to use? or are you using it to complete a set as i think i have lucky in my jpn spares pile that you can have. Obvs if you are wanting it to complete a matching set then i guess you'd want english as it would stand out.

Comment

Oh that's very kind of you but I do actually have the Lucky Amiibo card!

I'm after the GUMMY card of him. Bandai released some gummy sweets in Japan which come with an animal crossing card design of a character or scenes. Before today it was the only way to get a 'card' of the newest villagers before the Amiibo came out so have been quite popular with collectors whilst waiting for the new Amiibo cards to come out.

Well Nintendo store had the series 5 cards that came out today...sold out within 30 mins so no cards for me sadly appart from the 2 packs I'm awaiting to be delivered from Game (would only sell 1 @ £5 postage!)

Comment

They'll only sell you 1 and postage is a fiver?! Sorry to laugh but that is classic GAME.

How annoying that Nintendo make them in such insufficient numbers.

Comment

They’re not making it easy to get these new cards. I can’t get them at all in Ireland.

Comment

If they ever become easily available I can send you some. Right now I'm just coping with dozens of people in the AC amiibo card Facebook groups I follow posing about trades and just rubbing it in.

I did get my 2 packs. I admit they feel 'cheaper' than the other cards. Also noticed they don't have the rock paper scissors motif on them like the previous cards I'm assuming was connected with AMiibo festival

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              If they ever become easily available I can send you some.
              Thanks so much but, yeah, it seems like mayhem out there trying to get them right now. I do hope they keep the supply going and that it all settles down.

Comment

The price is slowly dropping in japan but it's still astronomic at 17,500 yen for a full box but it beats last weeks price of 28,000 yen i may bite at 10,000 yen but that's my limit. Somehow i don't think we'll get an official uk binder for series 5 like the other 4 series which is a shame as even japan & the states didn't get official binders.

[edit]
                out of curiosity i googled it seems nintendo uk has hinted that they plan on a series 5 binder keep your eyes peeled folks. Apparently around jan next year.
                Last edited by importaku; 07-11-2021, 10:08.

Comment

Weirdest thing I've read today.
                  One of my UK animal crossing groups on FB has confirmed that TK Maxx is selling series 1-4 Amiibo cards for £5.99 a pack.

And someone said they got a new series pack from the gaming section of JD sports. I don't know if they meant sports direct as low and behold they have a videogame section on their website (no sign of cards there).

Comment

As it's getting into the damper season i periodically check up on my trading card collections to see that they are still ok, the official animal crossing amiibo binders while pretty to look at seem to be doing a pretty terrible job of keeping the cards protected i checked them all today and noticed the cards are starting to curl because they are designed badly. An ideal binder is meant to have pressure on all the pages when closed allowing the cards to stay flat, because the animal crossing binders have all their pages fixed to the back cover even when it's totally filled and closed the front cover doesn't make full contact with the pages and keep the pressure on. I had a similar problem with my original animal forest ereader cards and the others that i kept in a official ring binder if the binder is not filled to the max then the cards start to curl.

Decided i'm going to have to take them all out of the official binders and put them in a pair of premium ones instead that have a fixed set of pages as those keep the contents really well protected as the pages let you side load the cards so they will never fall out. Amiibo cards are pretty expensive to start with let alone complete collections of them so i'm gonna have to cough up £50 for a pair of binders & some card sleeves to extra protect them when i remove them to scan although i'm gonna test if you can just rest a joycon over a card when in a binder to see if it will scan without been removed. I did this quite a few years back for all of my expensive card collections as i knew they would get worse if i didn't take any steps. With series 5 of animal crossing been horrendously expensive it's time i put some effort to make sure all of them get max protection, least in premium binders i can turn all the pages and look at the cards normally, in the official binders the further to the back you get the more impossible it is to fold the pages flat as if you do you will literally bend the cards in half destroying them.

Comment

More from the ocd world of amiibo care lol

Binder showed up the other day, still one to arrive but spent a few hours removing my cards sleeving them up and putting them in a better home, they hold 360 cards so that's everything upto half of series 4 the second binder will hold the remainder of series 4 & all of 5 when they arrive plus the extra stuff like the welcome amiibo and the sanrio & other promo cards.

For an official binder the nintendo ones are pretty crap, if you flattened out the pages as you turned them your cards would be wrecked with severe creases and bending plus the pockets are too small to allow the cards to have protective sleeves put on them. Considering series 5 is been sold for over £5+ for a single pack of 3 cards it's a hell of a lot of money to have sat up in crappy binders. As much as i love the cover designs and the backing pages i can't justify having them in those anymore.

Now in their permanent home, the remainder of the cards i have sleeved up and kept in the temp smaller binder till the other red one shows up.

Now they are extremely well protected, with the combination of how well the sleeves fit and the pockets keeping them super flat they are protected a lot more from the damp & will no longer curl in fact after only been in the binder for a day they have already flattened out a hell of a lot.

With the pockets been side loaders they will not fall out, another risk with the official binder. The sleeves will protect them while been removed to scan sadly they wont scan while sat in the binder my pro controller wouldnt detect the cards so they will need to come out when i use them.

This is what i was on about in my post above the pages need to be flat against each other it stops the cards from curling up, these binders are kind of pricy but they are the best i have found for protecting my collections so far just wish they came in larger page sizes.
                      Last edited by importaku; 20-11-2021, 18:47.

Comment

Finally have a complete set again, that's all 509 cards that were released.

Series 1-5 (448)
                        New leaf Welcome amiibo (50)
                        Sanrio set (6) + 6 stickers but they are not counted
                        Amiibo festival promos (3)
                        Japanese magazine promos (2)

The card breakdown for the series 5 box of cards was one complete set of 48 then the spares made one complete set of just the regular villagers cards 25-48 plus one spare SP card which was C.J plus 2 spare villager cards. with there been 24 SP villager cards in this set getting all 24 of them out of 25 packs is cutting it pretty close but it seems the rule is still true about complete sealed untampered with boxes containing a full set.

I'll be looking into selling off the complete duplicate regular villager set to get some of my money back. £1 a card which considering the stupid price singles are going for on ebay is not bad for a complete set of the regular villagers without having to try and fight for single packs online.
                        Last edited by importaku; 08-12-2021, 13:28.

Comment

Wow, amazing. I am impressed and envious. That's a wonderful collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Wow, amazing. I am impressed and envious. That's a wonderful collection.
                            Thanks, it's certainly been a long & expensive journey to get them all. Hoping Nintendo just leaves it at that now unless they want to grant my final wish & collaborate again with 7-11 and make a special 7 go/Filly amiibo promo that unlocks all the 7-11 conveni branded items for new horizons.

Comment

Nice. I guess you're quite relieved that a box guarantees a full set..

I'd be quite interested in the set of new villager cards, but i'm sure there are collectors on here that would value them a lot more than me.
                              I'd be scanning them and trying to get their photos..

Comment

Series 5 album and cards in stock as of now on Nintendo UK site.

Comment

Working...
                                X