No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just trying to get the last few Series 5 cards (13 SP cards) and 1 gummy card then my collection is complete like [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]. Looks like they still have the S5 albums are out of stock now (managed to get one luckily during the week)

Apart from the Japanese magazine promos (which were only available in Japanese obviously, all mine are PAL cards. I still think it was really crap to only sell packs of 3 in the EU/ Australia and the US & Japan got 6! I could have completed the collection quicker if I had mixed them but since I managed to get all of Welcome Amiibo as Pal I kept going to meet the challenge.

I got the Welcome Amiibo cards many years ago in an unopened retail box from Australia and worked out it was under £2 per card at the time. I can't remember the cost of delivery but it wasn't a crazy price and in the end I got all but 2 of the 50 cards and some duplicates. I got the other 2 in a trade and buying one off ebay. The dupes I ended up using in trades to complete the collection I had at the time.

Comment

So as of 2 days ago, I have now completed my official Animal crossing Amiibo collection. FINALLY!

That's all 509 cards in the 5 official albums + a small Japanese Happy Home Designer binder that came with a magazine that had one of the 2 exclusive japanese magazine amiibo cards. The Welcome Home amiibo cards, 3 festival cards, 6 Sanrio cards and 2 magazine cards are all held in that binder. I also have the 2 cards I made from artwork [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] commissioned for our wedding place cards in there!

16 Amiibo figures plus 2x Animal crossing Smash Bros Amiibo so 18 Animal crossing amiibo figs.

I also have all series 1-3 AC gummy cards, all the Choco egg figs and Series 1-2 of 3 series of the flocked figures I am currently working on how to display them all as I have run out of room for series 3.

I just need the Winter Isabelle Nendoroid to add to my isabelle line up then I think I'm good for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
        So as of 2 days ago, I have now completed my official Animal crossing Amiibo collection. FINALLY!

That's all 509 cards in the 5 official albums + a small Japanese Happy Home Designer binder that came with a magazine that had one of the 2 exclusive japanese magazine amiibo cards. The Welcome Home amiibo cards, 3 festival cards, 6 Sanrio cards and 2 magazine cards are all held in that binder. I also have the 2 cards I made from artwork [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] commissioned for our wedding place cards in there!

16 Amiibo figures plus 2x Animal crossing Smash Bros Amiibo so 18 Animal crossing amiibo figs.

I also have all series 1-3 AC gummy cards, all the Choco egg figs and Series 1-2 of 3 series of the flocked figures I am currently working on how to display them all as I have run out of room for series 3.

I just need the Winter Isabelle Nendoroid to add to my isabelle line up then I think I'm good for a while
        That’s amazing. Well jealous!

Comment

We're reaching the end of the Super Smash Bros line up and it feels like not all too far from the end of Amiibo itself given how quiet this line is these days

Nintendo announces Smash Bros. Sephiroth and Kazuya amiibo release date | Eurogamer.net
          Sephiroth and Kazuya launch 13 January 2023
          Pyra and Mythra will launch later in 2023 leaving just Sora left unrepresented

Comment

I've kinda fallen off out of the amiibo collecting game, even though there are a few left that I still want. The price increases of them in the Switch era haven't helped.

Million Dollar Question, though: Will there actually be a Sora amiibo to round the series off? I always thought that this would be a no-no as far as Disney were concerned but media reporting seems to suggest that it might happen. Hmmm....

Comment

SIX-MONTH AMIIBO THREAD BOUNCE!

I'm still far more apathetic towards amiibo than I was back in the day...but I did relent and purchase the TotK Link amiibo!

Anybody else?
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-05-2023, 08:17.

Comment

Blobcat also pre-ordered it.

I'm watching out for when I can order the Mythra/Pyra Xenoblade 2 ones.

EDIT: Oh for ****'s sake, it was a week ago and I missed it.

FURTHER EDIT: Now I can see why; I've been checking the Nintendo store - but Nintendo bypassed that entirely and have ONLY stocked GAME and Shopto.
                Last edited by Asura; 16-05-2023, 16:12.

Comment

I missed Pyra/Mythra too. Waiting to see if I can sneak an order in.

Comment

Funnily enough, Amazon Japan is now starting to take pre-orders for TOTK Ganondorf and Zelda (not out until March 2024).

Comment

I'm amazed that Amiibo is still going given how stock levels are generally very low with few new releases, also that it takes Nintendo so long to release tie-in new figures.

Comment

I think they sell a lot to the nintendo die hards, its super tricky to find say the new zelda amiibos in stock anywhere and when thye do get restocked they go super quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I'm amazed that Amiibo is still going given how stock levels are generally very low with few new releases, also that it takes Nintendo so long to release tie-in new figures.
                          They've consistently sold like hot cakes on cold days ever since they first came out - lifetimes sales of approx 80m. They were unquestionably the standout success for Nintendo during the WiiU/3DS era.

It's literally no surprise that Nintendo keep selling them!
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-07-2023, 11:22.

Comment

I almost forget they exist, they seem to flutter in once or twice a year when a new one belatedly finds its way out and then vanish again. God knows how people are storing them these days, one of the reasons I stopped is because of the cost and how many in total there were

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              I almost forget they exist, they seem to flutter in once or twice a year when a new one belatedly finds its way out and then vanish again. God knows how people are storing them these days, one of the reasons I stopped is because of the cost and how many in total there were
                              For sure. The price increase of them and Nintendo's classic penchant for deliberately engineering artificial scarcity means that my amiibo collecting has dwindled significantly in recent times.

That doesn't change the fact that they're still here and still massively successful for Nintendo.

Comment

Just had a check, 206 not counting the cards etc. I take it back, they don't need to make more I imagine Nintendo will be getting a lot of Geno Amiibo requests about now

Comment

Working...
                                X