No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wii Fit girl has the clear boot for strengthening which is fair enough - I had a couple of the Pok?mon Rumble figures 18 months back and with one of those the legs snapped off the base somehow.

Whats going on with the stands too? pee coloured for Link and Blue for Starfox whatever his name is.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
      Whats going on with the stands too? pee coloured for Link and Blue for Starfox whatever his name is.
      Yeah, that's really weird. I get that they need stronger support to prevent them breaking in the hands of kids for example, but why aren't they clear plastic?

Comment

In one of the pics the link figure seems to look like it has the original clear core in the middle of the yellow plastic, the yellow plastic almost looks like a cover to protect it during shipping. No idea if that's what it is though im sure all the mysteries will be solved when someone coughs up cash for them and takes better close up pics, at ?100+ though for the complete set was it was just too high a risk especially as a i was importing them from Japan it would be hard to return them to Amazon if they looked as janky as the pics suggest.

It's a shame though as i was looking forward to these It is true, the lighting is not exactly brilliant in those pics so how bad they are might actually change when there are better pics that weren't taken in such poor light.

For the price they are charging i certainly expected better though.
        Last edited by importaku; 27-10-2014, 22:49.

Comment

I wasn't convinced by the small sticks used in the earlier models, if you have to use them in your design your doing it wrong for these. There's an air that Nintendo hasn't put enough thought into them, they're supposed to hold up to kids heavy handedness which is key and well handled by both Infinity and Skylanders. They've chosen such daft poses for many of them which minimise contact with the base etc A couple still look okay like Kirby, Mario, Yoshi and kind of Donkey Kong... Samus looks alright too potentially. Beyond that though none of the others.

Comment

The Amazon pic is just a computer generated image isn't it, not a actual or 3D image, so was never going to translate to actual painted product.

Even the base on the Starfox one is different just noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              The Amazon pic is just a computer generated image isn't it, not a actual or 3D image, so was never going to translate to actual painted product.
              Sites like Kotaku have had actual figures that do look like those renders; they're clearly one-offs.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              They've chosen such daft poses for many of them which minimise contact with the base
              I thought this, too. When Heroclix made the "shoot dodge" version of the Punisher, they had his coat draping down and that was used to hold up on the base (so both his feet were off the floor). Clever design.

Comment

They still haven't changed the pictures on Amazon.

Comment

I have become intrigued by something that was mentioned in the shareholders meeting about the NFC chips been embedded inside cards card style amiibo.

Kind of like a revival of ereader cards, i loved those things as they were fun to collect and they served a use in adding extra data to your games. Hope something interesting comes of it as it would be perfect for 3DS seeing as the new ones have a built in NFC sensor.

Comment

Amazon Japan still have the same pics up too, the peach one highlights a lot of detail that's now missing, on the one on Amazon the gold detailing is all recessed on the other pic it's some cheap transfer job.

Comment

WTF look at the overpaint, they are nasty as hell. Even the figures i got free all those years ago from club nintendo look 10000x better, thats appauling quality for the price they are asking.

Comment

Of course you'll notice some tiny painting "errors" when you look at a picture that is blown up 5 times the actual figure size and is taken from an inch away, LOL. What the hell do you people expect, that they are all hand-painted by a professional artist? You'll not be looking at them through a microscope. Hopefully.

Comment

Yes, because the likes of Skylanders and Disney Infinity 2.0 figures haven't shown any sort of consistent quality whatsoever.

These Amiibo look rubbish, close up and far away. Nintendo had a real chance to show some genuine quality here (ie. the prototypes), instead it smacks of nothing but cash-grabbing.

Comment

Tiny painting errors? LOL the fact that the actual moulded detail has taken a nosedive along with the piss poor paintjob.

And for the price yes i do expect a proper paintjob, i have bought blind box candy toys from japan that are 250yen each that have amazing paintjobs so no there is not a single excuse for these to be painted so bad.

Comment

This month Nintendo is set to dive head first down the warp pipe from its regular world of virtual characters into a ne…

Eurogamer previews the figures and the changes made

Comment

Working...
                              X