No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new amibos megaman looks the best out of the new bunch as he has no plastic support even link has a suport which is just stupid.

It seems amibo as a platform is a bit broken, you can only write data to a figure for a single game, so if you use mario for smashbros and you require him to read/write data for another game you would have to wipe your smash bros data off him, though the game would be able to read the smashbros data it wouldn't be able to write any data to the figure.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 11-11-2014, 10:32.

Comment

I did not know that. That does seem like a glaring oversight. If they existed for one core game along (like Skylanders) that wouldn't matter but that's not how they've pitched these things.

Some of those look good, at least at tiny pic size. But the choice of poses mostly all needing stands was a poor decision.

Comment

Trouble with the single game aspect to the figures memory is that if ensures they're throwaway nature with titles. That said, unless quality control takes a Peach like hit I like the look of Bowser, Rosalina, Megaman and Sonic. Too much filler and not enough killer in the Amiibo range though

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          new amibos megaman looks the best out of the new bunch as he has no plastic support even link has a suport which is just stupid.

It seems amibo as a platform is a bit broken, you can only write data to a figure for a single game, so if you use mario for smashbros and you require him to read/write data for another game you would have to wipe your smash bros data off him, though the game would be able to read the smashbros data it wouldn't be able to write any data to the figure.
          Why does Ike have a hockey stick instead of a sword?

Comment

Link has a painful looking glass stand that seems to be impaling him up his tunic ooo er

Yup the sword on the ike has a extra bit of plastic that they couldn't even be bothered to make clear! Ike really dose looks like a happy meal toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmotta View Post
              Nintendo should've jumped on this a couple of years ago with Pokemon figures and full integration into a cross-platform Pokemon title. That would've made a killing.
              They did 18 months ago to go with Pokemon Rumble on Wii U, about 20 figures were released pretty quietly, they were plastic and four quid a go (blind purchase in a Pokeball). Worked really well with the NFC reader on the gamepad.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!!!

not really

Comment

Ronald approves, unlocks Ronald in smash

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!!!

not really

The thing is, I do actually have the complete set of Nintendo happy meal toys that McD's a few months back!

Part of me is tempted to actually purchase an amiibo or two for comparison purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmotta View Post
                      Nintendo should've jumped on this a couple of years ago with Pokemon figures and full integration into a cross-platform Pokemon title. That would've made a killing.
                      They did, in Japan - pretty sure they did. It was part of an arcade machine. Only thing missing was full integration to home systems.

Either that or did I just dream it? I've looked at a LOT of NFC hardware over the years relating to games.

Comment

the Mario and Luigi are the actual toys from mucky d's, i just nicked sonic's amibo base and shopped them on to it

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          They did, in Japan - pretty sure they did. It was part of an arcade machine. Only thing missing was full integration to home systems.

Either that or did I just dream it? I've looked at a LOT of NFC hardware over the years relating to games.
                          They did indeed it was pokemon battrio, it used chips a bit like pokemon tettra.

Comment

the Mario and Luigi are the actual toys from mucky d's, i just nicked sonic's amibo base and shopped them on to it

Didn't even notice until I properly looked!
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-11-2014, 12:29.

Comment

I think most of their use is one-time unlocks, like the outfits in MK8. I'm only getting 3 of those newer figures I think, Toon Link, Ike and Shulk.

Comment

I think I'm going to wait and see before stumping up any cash on them. Nothing I've seen so far has convinced me that they're essential purchases - I'm not a fan of Smash Bros., not fussed by additional costumes in MK8, and there are better collectables out there. I suppose they just don't yet have that "killer app" for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X