Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or the current topic of conversation.

Comment

If you don't care about the topic, then don't bother posting. Pretty simple, is it not?

Comment

Or he doesn't like to open his figures and likes to keep them mint in their original packaging, and has no intention of selling them?

I understand why that would be annoying, even if I understand why it's not the case.

Jumping to conclusions a bit here before you start acting like a keyboard warrior again aren't you?

Comment

They've made it so they have to be opened to use the game data to stop people scanning the data and then selling the figures on as new, or taking them back to the store. It's a pain for collectors who want to keep the figures in the boxes, but it's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
            They've made it so they have to be opened to use the game data to stop people scanning the data and then selling the figures on as new, or taking them back to the store. It's a pain for collectors who want to keep the figures in the boxes, but it's understandable.
            Agreed, although that doesn't mean that's the reason people wouldn't want to open them though, so the kind of posting/behaviour displayed above (yet again) is hardly reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
              very disapointing to see we cant scan them without destroying the packaging.. poor show Nintendo..
              People were doing this with the Pok?mon NFC figures for the Wii U 18 months ago so Nintendo have learned from that.

Comment

Weird that the only ones with additional languages in the top right seem to be:
                Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.
                All the rest seem to be plainer i.e just name and number in the corner

Comment

I've been suckered in something rotten, I started off wanting them, then I seen the actual figurines and was somewhat disappointed but in the flesh I think they are actually very cool and have ended up with 13 so far...

Here's my collection so far:

[HIDE][/HIDE]

Now I just want to Catch Them All!

Comment

Read a web page the other day that was getting a collector (blatantly a scalper) about these and the volumes being preordered for selling on. I really think the bottom is going to fall out of these for resellers in the new year. I've already seen a couple of Marth and Villagers in the wild a few times so it's clear Nintendo aren't making them in too low a number. I think they've been caught off guard at launch but later waves will adjust volumes so it's Nintendos pockets being lined. Scalpers will end up with high volumes of rrp worth stock

Comment

You could be right, but bet in most cases they'll be returned for a refund if there's no profit to be made.

Miguel007, your pic doesn't show, this is it, correct link (minus the asterisk)

http://imagizer.image*shack.us/v2/10...538/S2dI6e.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Read a web page the other day that was getting a collector (blatantly a scalper) about these and the volumes being preordered for selling on. I really think the bottom is going to fall out of these for resellers in the new year. I've already seen a couple of Marth and Villagers in the wild a few times so it's clear Nintendo aren't making them in too low a number. I think they've been caught off guard at launch but later waves will adjust volumes so it's Nintendos pockets being lined. Scalpers will end up with high volumes of rrp worth stock

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          It would be really great if Nintendo produces all the Amiibo in volume. At no time has it been suggested that they are limited edition or anything like that, so I don't see any reason for people to be upset if their value falls dramatically. It could simply be that Nintendo under estimated the success of the product line.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                            Or he doesn't like to open his figures and likes to keep them mint in their original packaging, and has no intention of selling them?

I understand why that would be annoying, even if I understand why it's not the case.

Jumping to conclusions a bit here before you start acting like a keyboard warrior again aren't you?
                            Pray tell me:

a) how many other commercial products you can use without taking them out of their original packaging and why this is such "poor show" from Nintendo?

b) why would anyone want to keep something in the original packaging if the intention isn't to sell it at some point?

Comment

Various amounts of my gaming collectables are sealed, from rarer games, to art books and guides, to special editions. I have them not to sell but to simply admire- if you don't feel this is something you would do, then that's fine- but it doesn't mean others wouldn't. Just look at things like the VGA ratings to prove its a legitimate want for some people.

On your other point, as I said - I understand WHY it's like that, and WHY you can't use them without opening them, but from the perspective above - I understand why it must be annoying. I didn't say Nintendo were wrong in doing it- just that from a collectors perspective it would be irritating as you'd have to buy two.

Comment

I guess if you're buying them as a collector, you're generally not buying them to use and would be okay with them stuck in the packaging - just like your sealed collectables examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X