DOOM TEASER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I don't know why 1080p/60fps is such a big deal to people.

The original had blocky, pixelated graphics and 2D monsters, but still scared the living daylights out of us!!
    It's about those snuffles & grunts

Comment

Probably mentioned this before, but after an 8 hour straight sitting on Doom II, I slept and had nightmares about being in Doom. Terrifying.

The scare factor of Doom also increased with the quality of the soundcard and speakers - back then, if you wanted the best sound you needed to pay through the nose for a sound card. The music got loads better too (actually sounded different on better cards). To this day, I remember the sound of doors opening **somewhere** nearby and wondering which way to run. Our 4 player attempts to complete it on Nightmare were amazing.

Comment

Anymore news on this? I'm dying for some leaked screens or anything!!!

Comment

Nothing in terms of screens but there's been a few bits of interesting info.

Basically when all that **** went down at crytek the lead graphics engineer jumped ship to work on idtech 6 and he said he was gobsmacked or something like that.

Here's definitely the most hype inducing reaction from the first demo:

There was a certain strange feeling I had during the demo, like something was out of place. About halfway through, I realized what it was: I NEVER see a game with this type of visual realism where the player can move and maneuver at this speed. Make no mistake: the fast guy from the id Tech 1 games is back, except his freedom of movement is closer to Quake 3 Arena. (No, this is NOT a parkour game, and the movement is not that exaggerated or overpowered, I'm just using the comparison to give you a better idea.) The enemies are faster too, but the player is faster still.

The player speed and the type of graphical realism are like two different things your brain is not used to processing together in modern games, or at least that was my thought on it.

So what are my overall impressions? If this demo is indicative of anything, we've got a pretty spectacular game coming. There were times during the demo where I was just saying '****, ****, HOLY ****', and I have the feeling I'll be doing it again when I play it.
          So it's going to be ace basically.

Comment

Is there an expected date/timeframe for the Beta for this to start?

Comment

No beta news. If you signed up you'll be getting an email as and when. So interested to see how this turns out after seeing those 4k Rage pics. It really is going to look quite something.

Comment

Working...
              X