Two shoot'em'ups for Xbox One, from Moss and Qute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two shoot'em'ups for Xbox One, from Moss and Qute

Apparently the XBO will continue the X360 tradition of being home of shoot'em'ups: Moss announced a new Raiden game for 2015, to celebrate the series' 25th anniversary and "and it won’t be locked into series traditions", whatever that means; Moss released just one concept art.

Qute (Eschatos, Ginga Force) announced Natsuki Chronicles, again for 2015. Nothing much is know about this right now...and this game alone might make me buy a XBO.

Also, remember that Makoto Asada and Mages are working on an not-yet-announced title for the same console. Let it be horizontal.

Interesting.
    Might be the only reason to get an X-One for me.

Will see how this pans out.

Neil

Comment

There's a third one as Triangle Service are creating Shooting Love Trilogy. And G.Rev are reportedly working on an ID@Xbox title too.

Microsoft confirmed a number of new Japanese Xbox One games during an Xbox One presentation in Japan today.

Comment

Goddammit. I was hoping to avoid getting both consoles. I wonder why the 360 shmup tradition is continuing on a console that seems to completely disregard Japan? I hope Sony can pick them up as well.

Comment

That makes no sense whatsoever if you look at what happened in the last generation.

Comment

two questions

is the xbox one region free and can you link it RGB scart?

Comment

It's definitely region free. Not sure about the second question.

Comment

It is region free and yes you can get an HDMI to RGB scart convertor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  It is region free and yes you can get an HDMI to RGB scart convertor.
                  thanks - some tasty reasons coming to own one now

Comment

I'd rather see some interesting games.

Comment

This now begs the question where best to grab a Jpn unit just in case they decide to lock the games (assume it's the same as the 360 was & region locking is down to developer rather than machine)

Neil

Comment

The console isn't out over there until September.
                        No reason not the same places as with the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                          The console isn't out over there until September.
                          No reason not the same places as with the 360.
                          Ah there you go, that's why I couldn't see it anywhere.

Will wait to see how much Nippon-Yassan get them for then

Comment

I suspect the ease and cheaper X1 dev kits will encourage more 2D shooters on MS platform like the previous generation.

Comment

Xbox One is region free for games. But I'm tempted to import a machine anyway so I can play region A Blu-Ray.

A pile of new shooters is great news. Hopefully some of the better doujin games appear in the ID@Xbox program.

Comment

Working...
                              X