No announcement yet.

www.ntsc-uk.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Any site that says "buy me" on the homepage should automatically be made available.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      So can we go back to being NTSC-UK? I've never really stopped calling it that anyway......
      This would be awesome!

Comment

As an oldie id like the site to be NTSC-UK again as thats what I still call it in my head and to friends.

Comment

Originally posted by hexxed View Post
          As an oldie id like the site to be NTSC-UK again as thats what I still call it in my head and to friends.
          Same. It's marathon not snickers.

Comment

Well I don't know about that one but I still always go to call bordersdown as ntsc-uk and stop half way to correct myself verbally.

Comment

NTSC-UK is a cooler name than Bordersdown, but BD is an OK name too.

I don't see that there's any need to re-re-brand the site. Just seems like unnecessary work for Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                NTSC-UK is a cooler name than Bordersdown, but BD is an OK name too.

I don't see that there's any need to re-re-brand the site. Just seems like unnecessary work for Charles.
                I think we should make him change the site so that we get NTSC-UK Monday to Friday, at weekends we get Borders Down for four hours, But only in court appointed supervision, if this goes well we will get to keep borders down overnight on a weekend and may even be able to take it to the cinema and Mc'donalds "sob"
                Last edited by Lebowski; 30-06-2014, 13:52.

Comment

Still cant believe it all started way back in 2001! Do any of you recall the initial site, basically a hokey imitation of the Magic Box site I used to love so much, then the sparse look with the bars, and then the much better one which was influenced by Gamestyle. Carl from Goblin Games spent a lot of time assisting me with the next version, at which point the website became database driven (to that point it was an endless job of manually inputting everything on every page) and technically I became lost as I had no experience in that area Loving the site now, its maintained its uncluttered and professional look whilst adding a whole array of new features. I don't think that losing the brand NTSC-uk is a major loss as importing is no longer the allure it once was, with Western consoles having finally caught up. Bordersdown makes a lot more sense now imo.

Comment

Hi Marcus! I remember all of those. I liked the one Carl made with the different colours. It was very "of the time" though. Ideally I'd like to move the site on to a more modern forum like Invision (see RLLMUK) and have someone make a whizzy front end for reviews, but unless there's an army of devs to maintain it, the latter is a problem as you know. Still putting all the old reviews up gradually WE6FE review just went up

Comment

I actually really like the styling of BD, with the classic borders down the side that it's always had (oddly approprirate considering the name change). Much nicer than the boring blue Powerboard they have at RLLMUK. Plus this is a way cooler forum

Comment

Yeah, the forum style here is highly customised by EvilBoris to actually look good. RLLMUK one is vanilla I believe, but can be changed. I was thinking more in terms of functionality and ongoing support - vbulletin is dead in the water for v4 and a polished turd on v5.

Comment

Working...
                        X