Tekken 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Tobal. Now that was a great fighter. Superb limb contact and grappling system. Very fluid gameplay too.
    This a million times and of course Tobal2 (of which there is a translation patch). I wish SE would do a HD pack so I don't have to get psx out for once a year play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
      Personally the problem with Tekken now is too many characters!
      I think this is an issues with most Vs Fighters - I just don't have the time or can really be bothered to try and learn all the new moves and combo's anymore . Plus the big killer is now all my main mates are working and have families and so the days of all us getting together and playing the crap out of SF II (mastering all the characters and moves ) and the likes in our school and early work days for hours on end, are long gone

Hates getting old

Comment

Wow, Didn't realise was actually a good game thought it was just a novelty really... Time to dig that old PS1 out...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          . . . all my main mates are working and have families and so the days of all us getting together and playing the crap out of SF II (mastering all the characters and moves ) and the likes in our school and early work days for hours on end, are long gone
          THIS

The extensive moves list and systems dont bother me if you have the time with friends to discover the new stuff. I remember playing tekken 3 for months with my cousin but we were still producing new stuff. Like Yoshimitsus throw where he clones himself, we absolutely lost our minds when we first saw that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            This a million times and of course Tobal2 (of which there is a translation patch). I wish SE would do a HD pack so I don't have to get psx out for once a year play.
            I wasn't aware of this. I must get it to play the amazing quest mode. Lord knows why we haven't seen games like it. So good.

Comment

Was Ehrgeiz sort-of Tobal 3? Or was it totally different?

Comment

Tekken 3 is my go-to 3D fighting game. Tekken and 2 feel far too dated at this stage in the game, though I understand that Tekken 3 was extremely well received on release. Played it to death as a kid with my mate and even now I can sit down and play the crap out of it and not get bored. It's pretty tough too, compared to other fighting game AI I found.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Was Ehrgeiz sort-of Tobal 3? Or was it totally different?
                  It was completely different. It was pretty fun but far less refined.

Comment

Main selling point was the inclusion of the FFVIII characters for me...

Comment

Ehrgeiz was the only game I played of that square fighters - looked rubbish on the PS1 - but I think on arcade it's actually quite a looker for the time.

I fired up some Tekken Tag HD on my PS3 today, man I love Tag (ditto someone else mentioning Arcade version being the best though not entirely sure what the difference is...) It's still a great fighter, shame there's no version with some sort of online mode... I am getting excited for Tekken 7 - really hoping for some sort of return to form.

Comment

Despite not being the biggest fighting game guy, it was Namco and specifically the Tekken series that got me immersed into the 1 on 1 fighter.

I loved Tekken 2 and it has the best music, Tekken 3 is my favourite, I've got a real soft spot for Tekken 4 as it tried some cool new ideas and I loved Tekken 5 as it returned to the series roots and included the 3 original Arcade games on disc.

Seeing as I've not played any real fighting games on Xbox 360 and fancy some Namco action, would anyone recommend either Tekken 6, Tekken Tag 2 or Soul Calibur V?
                        Last edited by Wools; 16-07-2014, 15:37.

Comment

The jump in graphical quality from the arcades to consoles (not to mention the additional game modes and content) for Soul Calibur and TTT was immense. Namco really outdid themselves during that time, i remember reading somewhere the polygon count was reduced in T4 from PS2 TTT as it was so flipping high!

Comment

I guess Tag 2 would be the one to go for. There's still a community playing it and it has the best 'vibe' of the bunch. SCV is good but it feels a bit low budget,..

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucifer View Post
                              I guess Tag 2 would be the one to go for. There's still a community playing it and it has the best 'vibe' of the bunch. SCV is good but it feels a bit low budget,..
                              Thanks for the impressions!

I have just brought back a 360 and have been playing some XBLA Soul Calibur so had my fingers crossed you'll say Soul Calibur V but this thread has got me hyped for Tekken again. Might go with TT2 then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucifer View Post
                                I fired up some Tekken Tag HD on my PS3 today, man I love Tag (ditto someone else mentioning Arcade version being the best though not entirely sure what the difference is...)
                                Tekken Tag and Soul Calibur are in a rare group of games which actually looked better at home than they did in the arcade.

Tekken Tag Tournament in the arcade can be thought of as an "expansion" of Tekken 3. It was made in Tekken 3's engine, on the same hardware and looked just like it - just it had the tag feature and the extra characters.

Being a PS2 launch game, the home version looked significantly better than either the PS1 or arcade versions of Tekken 3/TTT.

There aren't many good screens online, but here's the arcade:

And here's the home:

Comment

Working...
                                X