No announcement yet.

Tekken 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely gutted Namco didn't add anti aliasing to Ridge Racer V either. They did to Tekken but was a bigger brand I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Absolutely gutted Namco didn't add anti aliasing to Ridge Racer V either. They did to Tekken but was a bigger brand I guess.
      Noooo........

Thats what made the early ps2 games like TTT, rrv, sky oddessy etc so beautiful; the razor sharp graphics, almost with an hd appearance on a crt. More recently, look at the difference between the crisp clean lines of rr7 to the blur fest of anti aliasing on rr6.

Comment

Good AA isn't bad. DoA 2 on DC looked crisper than the aliased Ps2 port.

Originally posted by bash View Post
        Yes, us version was the only one worth bothering withtif you rich enough to have 2 ps2s or a chipped one

I can't believe you thought the ps2 version looked odd? It seriously blew me away upon release. I'd seen the arcade version a only handful of times before that but remember thinking it was tekken 3 on roids. It wasn't until the ps2 version that I fully appreciated it.
        I quickly had a US PS2 fat because I didn't want to bother with PAL. It was clear that Sony wasn't planning to follow Sega when it came to PAL conversions. I was a bad customer for SCEE, lol. PS1 was chipped and I strictly imported since 1997 or so.

Tekken Tag Ps2 didn't really blow me away. The very first time I saw it was in Spring 2000 on JP Ps2. And I was underwhelmed because I had both Soul Calibur and DoA2 at the time and expected more of Ps2. Tekken did look somewhat worse and its animations were too. Although Tekken's IQ is perhaps better (US version). Tekken Tag US in fact has the best IQ I have ever seen on the PS2. I remember it was completely free of jaggies and shimmering.
        Last edited by Panta Rhei; 16-07-2014, 20:43.

Comment

So do we think they will stick with all the characters like TTT2 and Tekken 6 (pretty much all) or make it like Mortal Kombat where they pick and choose certain characters from each game and miss a few out?

Comment

Originally posted by Azarenka View Post
            So do we think they will stick with all the characters like TTT2 and Tekken 6 (pretty much all) or make it like Mortal Kombat where they pick and choose certain characters from each game and miss a few out?
            I hope they throw a few out. The game will likely follow the 'canon' storyline or whats left of it. So its sort of expected that lots of TTT2 characters will get the boot.

What I dig about TTT2 though is the fact they went with young Heihachi and Kazuya. Or was Kazuya not a younger version?

I hope they time warp. Also give me T2 versions of Paul, Marshall Law, Michelle etc.

Comment

I dunno man, some people are really precious with their ol skool characters when it comes to tekken. Obviously ttt and ttt2 featured dead and old characters who dont feature in the main plot so there will almost definitely be a cut down from ttt2. Having said that I havent taken to any new characters since tekken 4 when they put Kazuya back in. People like Raven, Lars and that stupid robot girl pi$$ me off. I did like the idea of Jinpachi but they ruined him by making him a cheap boss character and not a credible mishima alternative. Namco really need to stop with the Mishima cousin uncle devil plot twists and focus on something new and fresh.
              Last edited by bash; 16-07-2014, 20:52.

Comment

I think Kazuya was the normal version in TTT2 but don't quote me on it, but younger Heihachi was awesome, and I agree, shake it up a little, maybe get rid of a few shocks that aren't expected, and hopefully new characters are actually formidable this time.

Comment

Hmm, I think I started to like Alisa. She has fun combos. I also like that Baji Quan dude/gal, its a bit Tekken's Akira. And Feng Wei is rather cool.

Raven I don't like. Asuka neither, just give me Jun Kazama then. The latter was my main in TTT2. Don't really like Bob as well.

I wouldn't mind TTT2 being released on Ps4/X1 btw. There is nothing like it on those systems yet, unless you count KI and Injustice.

Comment

I sure lots will be gone. Tag games are the trilogy games with appearances by everyone from the past.

No need for extra lot that played in the style of the unrefined versions of others, Sebastian, Violet, Miharu etc. There will probably be no Unknown or Jun and I think the same for Kunimitsu just so Harada can piss people off. I don't see Combot making a comeback with the same system at least and I'm sure Panda/Kuma will be one slot again.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarenka View Post
                      As much as I love TTT2 I think they will streamline as will Virtua Fighter 6 and Street Fighter 5, Soul Calibur VI, DOA6 I think. The previous games are very bloated bar VF5 character wise and TTT2 felt like a Tekken Best of which is not a bad thing. As others have said needs a reboot of some kind out of all the beat em ups in the list here I think. I'd like to see an 8 way run like Soul Calibur be put into Tekken so it's more free for a start.

Comment

I suppose that's right bash, it would just be nice to see them surprise us a little, kill a few off just for a change, not the hardcore old school ones like Nina, Law, Kazuya etc, but maybe ones like Bruce, etc? Maybe I'm just being silly but it would be interesting, and would help make a good story mode for once if there were less characters, would be nice to see. And I agree, Lars and Raven suck.

Comment

Hell no to 8 way run that's too big a change.

Comment

No Jun would be a bummer. I absolutely loved her design in TTT2.

I think she'll be back tbh. She was never really dead and I think she was one of the most used TTT2 chars. Kick Asuka, get Jun. Harada's already retcon stuff : http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...un-returns.htm

8 way run is what Tekken 4 sort of tried and it failed because of the reach and wallgame. Its not a weapon fighter.
                            Last edited by Panta Rhei; 16-07-2014, 21:02.

Comment

I am probably in the minority where I really enjoyed Tekken 4, it was really flawed but they tried something different and it was pretty edgy haha.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be okay with them removing Asuka and putting Jun back.

While Asuka is one of my mains I detest her character. I also dislike Raven.

My definitive list would be Jun, Miguel, Dragonov and Kunimitsu. Keep them four and I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X