Tekken 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    I've never liked the tag games. For me it is pretty much 3, 5 DR or nothing.

And my god I still love 3. It's so damn good.
    Why wouldn't you like TTT2? You can just play 1 on 1 if you want on it. I have no reason to play 5DR when TTT2 has everything plus more.

Comment

tekken 3 was my fav i found the sidestep/dodge a lot more useful then in the recent games. I liked tekken 6/TTT2 though the bounce combos i thought were great fun

Comment

Tekken 3 and TTT are the pinnacle for me. Was seriously blown away when I saw 3 on the arcade for the first time. In was even more impressed when I saw T3 running on the ps1. Was slightly perplexed at ttt on the arcade and then I saw that unbelievable ps2 emotion engine demo in edge magazine. . . . . they squeezed so many extras for the port in the end. Almost on par with the SC DC conversation. . . . .ALMOST!

Comment

Hate to seem like a dick about it, but I just watched that video.

I didn't play 6, and have only seen it in videos, but honestly, you could've told me that was 6 and I would've believed you. It's nowhere near as big a jump, visually, as I thought it might be. 5>6 was a much bigger jump.

Killed any interest I might've had. It really just seems like an "expansion" to TTT2.

Hopefully it has in excess of half the character roster as new (and not "children of older characters" who share two-thirds of their moves).
          Last edited by Asura; 07-10-2014, 20:38.

Comment

The visuals are only 50% done. Don't think they will change drastically, but still. Lighting and added shaders can do a lot and I really do dig the particles this game is throwing out already.

I like how it looks. Its not uncanny valley, just a new Full HD Tekken game with some awesome lighting and other effects. Punches really do seem to deliver.

Comment

Visuals schmisuals. I'm intrigued to see more new characters and mechanics. I thought TTT2 was actually pretty damn great, and have had a fair bit of fun mucking around with Revolution as well - might get quite into this if it ends up delivering.

Comment

I gotta agree about not being impressed by the visuals, maybe because I'm in my 30s but whatever, I'm passed that now. I don't really care if games visually wow me any more, the past gen of consoles have kinda satisfied my inner graphics whore to the point I just want games that are fun to play. Dont get me wrong, I still want 1080/60 for this gen as a minimum but I think we'll get it. Tbh this gen should be more concerned about 4k/120 if we're to marry the near future TV trend.

Back to topic I gotta agree the vids disappointed but Im still happy to wait for the home releases while they go through their revisions. Its not really meant to impress at this stage as they have a lot to add and refine. Interesting someone mentioned about playing TTT2 as a one on one battle instead of Tagging. I never thought of that, might try it out still. For me I'm happy with Namco seeing as they corrected A LOT of wrongs from T4 in T5 and T6. It looks like they know what the fans want and are churning out more.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Visuals schmisuals. I'm intrigued to see more new characters and mechanics. I thought TTT2 was actually pretty damn great, and have had a fair bit of fun mucking around with Revolution as well - might get quite into this if it ends up delivering.
                  I care more about mechanics and stuff too. Just visuals are the first things I've seen, and they're too similar.

Comment

One Finger Death Punch was one of the best games I played last year, and the visuals for that are stick men!

I really hope Tekken 7 finds its groove as this could be great.

I also hope the Mishima family see a psychiatrist to resolve these long-standing feuds!

Comment

It's interesting, I was thinking in my head what is it about Tekken 7 that doesn't really excite me and honestly I'm not really sure. I think Tekken 5/DR is overall the best game in the series, and if you look at it 7 seems really close to it, no bound combos for example. But there's just some magic sauce missing...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        One Finger Death Punch was one of the best games I played last year, and the visuals for that are stick men!
                        Yeah, but it wasn't One Finger Death Punch 7, when 6 and 2 spinoffs have looked very similar.

Comment

The latest new character to be announced for fighting game Tekken 7 is a breakdancing catgirl.During the Tekken 20th an…

New character revealed

Comment

Neogaf kicked up a stink because they don't like the design so Harada responded by removing her from the US version. She's now Asia and EU exclusive.

Comment

Hahaha, awesome. I like her ridiculous design, might even buy this.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                                Neogaf kicked up a stink because they don't like the design so Harada responded by removing her from the US version. She's now Asia and EU exclusive.
                                On one hand, it serves the idiots right, but on the other, it seems childish and punishes the silent majority who aren't crying about every little thing on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X