Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bioshock IOS

2K has posted this image saying 'Oo what could this mean?'

It's a reference to Rapture and a rejigged 2K Marin is said to be taking over the series now that Irrational is no more. It could be a Remaster, maybe a true return to the city of many tales?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 04-08-2014, 13:20.

Sigh another Bioshock game haven't we had enough yet, lol oh who am i kidding AWESOME i hope they do make another maybe instead of rapture there could be another different city under the ocean. Or maybe in space, what a weird contrast that would be to have something so old floating above the earth.

Comment

"Welcome to the Circus of Value..."

I thought that Infinite was a decent attempt but not sure of where the series could go from here. Certainly the storyline has left it wide open with almost anything goes for follow up titles but I am not sure how it will do outside of Irrational.

Comment

Maybe a timeframe before rapture was built, when they first built the city it surely didn't start out as massive as it was. I never tire of art deco enviroments, i sometimes wish someone would build rapture as a real themepark under the sea imagine seeing it for real

Comment

For some reason I think this will be set on a Noah's ark , and will Visit islands

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars View Post
            "Welcome to the Circus of Value..."

I thought that Infinite was a decent attempt but not sure of where the series could go from here. Certainly the storyline has left it wide open with almost anything goes for follow up titles but I am not sure how it will do outside of Irrational.
            You're taking the piss right?

Infinite was beyond 'a decent attempt' and they could go anywhere from here. 'Bioshock' is just a name in the same sense as 'Final Fantasy'; Different adventure and story in a different universe with evolved mechanics. Worlds completely open to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              'Bioshock' is just a name in the same sense as 'Final Fantasy'; Different adventure and story in a different universe with evolved mechanics. Worlds completely open to them.
              Are you sure that is entirely correct? I thought the point of the Bioshock games was that Rapture was the focal point of it's over arching narrative -

even the end of Infinite featured Rapture

. That's what makes the Bioshock games so intriguing and fresh for me imo.

In any case I approach this news with uncertainty, while I am most certainly a huge fan of the Bioshock series, I can not see how anyone outside of the now defunct Irrational Games could even attempt to replicate what made the series so great in the first place. I mean, would Ken Levine even be involved with this new one?
              Last edited by darkangel; 25-07-2014, 00:15.

Comment

They didn't make the second Bioshock and I loved that one.

Comment

I didn't like how I had to take Plasmids to progress - heat to melt this ice and so on.

I'm walking around an underwater city where the whole civilisation crumbled and I'm shooting the remaining citizens that have been driven insane by abuse of Plasmids - yet you want me to put that filth into my body?

Would you kindly?

Ooooh OK.

Comment

If they could fix the longstanding crummy mechanic of cash resources and health-ups I might be interested. As it was, Infinite was the last straw in that regard. I spend the entire the game rifling through bins and drawers looking for chocolates, and picking up piles of shiny loot that the - apparently covetous/wealth-obsessed - citizens had left lying about absolutely everywhere in plain sight. The soundtrack to that game was Booker munching and the jinglejingle of coin.

Comment

I hope they go back to more rp roots with this. Inventories, skills to level, decisions to make etc. Infinite was little more than a run and gun shooter and had more in common with old school Doom than System Shock :/

Comment

Speculation on Twitter seems to indicate many are taking it as some sort of iOS release (bite the apple) although I find it tough to imagine what they could do on a touch screen interface that would be worthwhile so I'm not sure I buy that.

Comment

At some point they will learn that tie-in games for iOS are not worth the effort. The mobile marketplace is absolutely awash with all sorts of titles which already don't sell.

Comment

It was revealed recently that the planned Vita BioShock games was to be some kind of RTS or something. They could be reusing ideas from that for a mobile/tablet BioShock.

Comment

Would love the first 2 games remastered .

Comment

Working...
                              X