No announcement yet.

Bioshock IOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would they remaster? Just make them prettier or actual changes?

Comment

Make them prettier, maybe add the minervas den area as part of the main game and stick a few more bits to rapture. Would be fun to see just how amazing they could make them look using next gen consoles, hell they still look wonderful even though the graphics are starting to get a bit dated.

Comment

There is room for improvements to, The whole end boss fight was an abomination.

Comment

The whole end sequence of the first game was pretty lame. It was what, 10 seconds long?

Comment

Well it turns out it was Bioshock for iOS. The fact that they would do this on a touch screen platform and not the Vita is plain lunacy.

Well, it turns out that the cryptic image that 2K Games tweeted a couple of weeks back that hinted that Bioshock might be on its way to Apple devices wasn't just a bunch of hot air.

Comment

Um...wat. I don't even particularly like Bioshock, but still, WHAT?

Would've made a good addition to the Vita's library.

Comment

Yeah, but as the Vita has hardly lit the world on fire and there are like 100 million IOS devices, I hardly blame them.

Unreal Engine for IOS is actually really mature, I don't know if the same can be said for the Vita version, I would suspect that is not the case.

Comment

Whilst publishers are in charge this is the way things will go. Expect it to get worse too. iOS is a terrible fit for this game but as Boris points out, the publishers see that iOS install base and...

Comment

These games don't port themselves, if they aren't even going to break even on the costs of the port then why would they bother.
                    I doubt that even the Studio themselves would want to do it at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                      Yeah, but as the Vita has hardly lit the world on fire and there are like 100 million IOS devices, I hardly blame them.

Unreal Engine for IOS is actually really mature, I don't know if the same can be said for the Vita version, I would suspect that is not the case.
                      Yeah, both good points.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        These games don't port themselves, if they aren't even going to break even on the costs of the port then why would they bother.
                        I doubt that even the Studio themselves would want to do it at a loss.
                        Oh I'm not suggesting they should have done a Vita port. Almost certainly no money in that. There probably is money in an iOS version even if it is a bad fit and will play like arse most likely. Still money. An 80% metacritic vita version that makes no money is way less favourable than a 55% iOS version that profits. It's just sad, that's all.

Comment

Anyone who plays anything other than touch based puzzle games on a smart phone is a nob end....fact.

Comment

It's partially because they probably plan to port other stuff, and wanted to do an investigation on how easy/difficult it is. People are complaining about it, fine, but ultimately publishers want their game on EVERY platform where they can reasonably do it. As has been said already, iOS has its own version of Unreal.

Comment

I just shuddered at the thought of playing this on an iPhone screen. Though maybe the iOS port will get ported onto vita if it proves successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pezley View Post
                                Anyone who plays anything other than touch based puzzle games on a smart phone is a nob end....fact.
                                Clearly you've never played any of Cave's iOS games.

Comment

Working...
                                X