Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mommyyy

Comment

I don't think I'll go back to this until I can play it with someone but right about now I'm really annoyed that Silent Hills is canceled. I didn't know a game could be so masterful. Are there any others like this?

Sorry for the triple posts but I need company after that

Comment

There are other first person horror games like Outlast and Slender on the PS4. Outlast is based around scripted jump scares but I believe Slender is open levels with one thing systemically stalking you. Outlast is the traditional asylum experiments horror; insane humans with metal bolted on to them and so on. Slender is based on a newly created urban myth story. You might want to try one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          Digital future
          It's sadly a warning of what's to come, while people embrace the convinience of digital it means giving over your rights in exchange, while i would like to think that most game companies wouldn't abuse the system, i just know that the idea of been able to nuke everyones copies with some lame excuse and then resell the same game later on will be too tempting.

Comment

Tangential post alert but can you copy PS4/XBO downloads? With the PS3 you have to backup and restore the entire hard drive which isn't feasible if you shuffle things around to save space.

For example, iTunes has a copy of any apps you download(ipa files) which you're free to backup however you like.

I think you can install stuff to USB hard drives on XBO at least. It'd be pretty naff if you had to restore the entire hard drive to play one game that's no longer available for download. I guess you could get two hard drives for internal use but that could get annoying quickly. Or buy a load of cheap 60gb hard drives and install single games to each then it'll be like playing on a SNES or something!

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
              There are other first person horror games like Outlast and Slender on the PS4. Outlast is based around scripted jump scares but I believe Slender is open levels with one thing systemically stalking you. Outlast is the traditional asylum experiments horror; insane humans with metal bolted on to them and so on. Slender is based on a newly created urban myth story. You might want to try one of those.
              OK: Thanks for the info.

Comment

I just played through this with a friend. All I can say is Konami really was foolish to have this canned.

Comment

And in short order:

Silent Hills may have been cancelled, but we could be getting the next best thing with Allison Road, a first-person hor…

A UE4 game called Allison Road appears inspired by P.T

Comment

So any more news on this?
                    There was a rumour going round that MS were possibly gonna snap this up, hence the demo getting removed from PSN. I'm a huuuuge SH fan but never got the chance to play P.T. Silent Hills as I don't have a PS4. Seen a few YT vids of different people playing & it looked like classic SH reborn.

Comment

Dunno, but someone made a complete remake of the demo, and supposedly it's quite accurate. Last I read, you can't download it yet because the massive demand took out the hosting site.

Comment

Konami.

How do I love thee?

Let me count the ways

in the form of pachinko balls.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                          Dunno, but someone made a complete remake of the demo, and supposedly it's quite accurate. Last I read, you can't download it yet because the massive demand took out the hosting site.
                          Its not Allison Road is it?

EDIT: don't worry mate. I found it on t'tube. The scarey mother/baby killer didn't look so scary as Konami's. Looked too clear instead of that awesome out of focus/in-focus effect that Konami had in the original
                          Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 06-08-2015, 12:21.

Comment

Working...
                          X