No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might give it a go on Steamdeck, and see how it runs.

Comment

Let me know how it fares. I have it on my wishlist on cdkeys but I'm pretty sure it'll drop to £25 pretty rapidly so I'm waiting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Sounds like dedicated graphics cards and ram are picking up the heavy lifting that Insomniac we’re using the SSD & direct access on PS5 for.
        It uses GDeflate and DirectStorage access on PC, it also has DLSS 2.0, DLSS 3.0 and additional RT.
        Last edited by MartyG; 27-07-2023, 12:59.

Comment

30fps at medium or around 45fps at low... when fsr on of course. Gotta say that looks pretty good for day one.

Comment

I keep saying this but I find it mind boggling what handhelds can achieve now! Genuinely amazing. And for under £400.

I would really love to see a shrunk down Steam Deck, where software tweaks allow for enlarging of HUD elements so stuff doesn't get too small. It's exciting to think what will be possible in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              It uses GDeflate and DirectStorage access on PC, it also has DLSS 2.0, DLSS 3.0 and additional RT.
              Well, PC doesn't have hardware dedicated direct access, but i guess MS's software solution plus the ridiculous power of the high end cards is more than enough, plus DLSS.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

30fps at medium or around 45fps at low... when fsr on of course. Gotta say that looks pretty good for day one.
                This is just nuts.

Comment

Well, PC doesn't have hardware dedicated direct access, but i guess MS's software solution plus the ridiculous power of the high end cards is more than enough, plus DLSS.
                  It runs better on my rig than it does on a PS5

It's good to see a decent PC port for a change after quite a few poor efforts of late. I see a few posts of NeoGaf that are desperate for it not to run well (which I find utterly ridiculous tbh), but the devs done good.

DF were running pre-release code I think they said, I didn't notice any texture issues when I was running it yesterday.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 27-07-2023, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    It looks very nice on Steam Deck, but compared to running it on my gaming rig, it feels a lot less fluid - it's impressive, but I think I prefer playing this one at a high framerate. It runs the fans up and the battery down quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      It runs better on my rig than it does on a PS5
                      I would expect it too given the cost of your gaming rig, a 4090 on its own is what? Over £1000?

Comment

A vauxhall Nova has four wheels and an engine. Same as a Bugatti right?

Comment

I would expect it too given the cost of your gaming rig, a 4090 on its own is what? Over £1000?
                          You're looking at around £1600 for a 4090, but they have been on sale for £1500, and the used market for £1400 (I wouldn't, given the price diff to new atm). Compared to the RTX 4080, it is the better buy price/performance.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Wrong thread, but good news all the same

Comment

It is also coming to Steam I believe I saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X