PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Asus ROG always get my vote. I can see this one lasting me a total of six or seven years.
    I thoroughly researched the market before buying mine and it was by far the best choice available.

The Alienware 17 probably came the closest but the colours on the monitor are way out, it was spec for spec ?250 more, they've gimped the psu so the laptop will only ever run at 90% load and I was severely messed around by them 5-6 years ago.

A few of the MSI GT70s interested me but I've heard a lot of complaints of throttled CPUs and GPUs due to poor cooling, and their spec was lower for the same price.

Comment

Windows 10 will be released at the end of July, according to computer processor-producer AMD.Big boss Lisa Su let the d…

An AMD boss slipped their tongue and said that Windows 10 will release in July

Comment

UPDATE 24TH APRIL: There were a few things that came to light surrounding the announcement yesterday.Publishers specify…

Steam store is now selling game mods

Comment

That article has been updated, modders for Skyrim only get 25% of the asking price, the game publisher determines what percentage the modder gets.

Comment

Coming 31st October 2015

Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter

Comment

We're going to remove the payment feature from the Skyrim workshop. For anyone who spent money on a mod, we'll be refunding you the complete amount. We talked to the team at Bethesda and they agree. We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

Steam have removed paid for mods already, stating "We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing"

I could see the good and bad to what they were trying to do. It'll probably come back at some point on another title.

Comment

Grungy civilian mass murdering game Hatred is coming to PC via Steam on 1st June, making it the first AO [Adult's Only]…

Hatred will release on Steam on 1st June. The devs have said the reason for the choice of date is that everyone will be playing Witcher 3 instead in May

Comment

Random musings.

Rayman Origins:

Added it to my wishlist and the price in one year has gone from ?4.99, to ?6.99, to ?9.99.

Just... what??

Also, browsing through Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories is ?15.99... who is pricing these? that's more expensive than resi 4, resi remake, and resi 6.

The pricing is so utterly bizarre sometimes.

Comment

Misbehave in a Steam game and its developer now has the ability to detect you and get you permanently banned.Valve has …

Game Developers themselves can now implement game bans on players

Comment

Good. Unless it's Konami. They seem to have banned a load of people playing pro evo for seemingly no reason.

Comment

A staggeringly blunt and misjudged Steam Greenlight title has been pulled hours after going up as it is entirely focused on homophobic and transphobic massacres. The developers apparently seem unapologetic about the title merely saying it's a troll title to annoy people who are overly sensitive.

It goes without saying, it's very NSFW

Via the link the maker says:

"I decided to release it on Greenlight to see people's reactions," Herman said. "The reason behind this particular game is because of how tired I am of people being overly sensitive and how easily offended people are by every little thing, especially with LGBT issues."I didn't make this game to attack LGBT people personally, and no I don't hate gays and think they should be treated fairly, but I made this game just to piss off those people that are way too overly sensitive, which includes straight people," he added. "These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are 'hateful' and a 'bigot', and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible."
                        As such, Herman sought to troll the internet be releasing this. "I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point. The point being that a crappy made video game would havefend people so much. I mean so offended that people will waste all their time posting on forums, Reddit, etc of how disgusted they are, offended, how much everyone involved in the game should die, and even getting into large debates over it."
                        Naturally, that's what happened and Herman couldn't have been more pleased. "Successfully trolled the entire LGBT community," he wrote on Twitter. "Thank you media for spreading this troll game around. You did exactly what we were hoping "

Those involved in the title have strongly disowned it and the maker however as their work was made for another game and the maker of this game used that work to put this together
                        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 06-05-2015, 07:16.

Comment

Black Mesa Source has snuck onto steam properly now, its early access with 85% complete so far, but i'd say its rather super value for ?14.99. I know it was free originally, but i always thought it was of the quality where i'd happily pay a good amount for it. Nice that its now 85% complete too.

Comment

Can I check what site you guess use to buy Steam codes (if not via Steam directly), heard of cdkeys.com, Humble Store and GreenManGaming etc.
                            Another other major/safe ones particularly worth keeping an eye on prices on?

www.gocdkeys.com is a comparison site I had never heard of until a minute ago.

Cheers.

Comment

I mostly now use Kinguin/Fast2Play (same site). Prices tend to be pretty much on par with Steam Sale prices, mostly for availability of stuff that doesn't drop often on Steam or for good preorder deals. For new releases which aren't AAA so won't get deals ahead of time I stick with Steam

Comment

Microsoft will launch the full version of Windows 10 on 29th July 2015.As previously announced, all Windows 7, 8 and 8.…

Windows 10 will release on 29 July and Windows users who can upgrade for free will start getting a small notification on their taskbar to reserve their upgrade. Already got mine

Comment

Working...
                                X