PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh, what have I done?

I've joined Steam because I want to play Jedi Academy after watching The Force Awakens.
    It's a slippery slope now I've taken this gateway drug!

Comment

Yes, never buy anything with the view of "I'll buy that now and play it at some point". Some point never arrives.

Like the way the main sales are done now, currently 10,000+ items on sale for ten days, no checking for daily specials etc etc.

Comment

Don't worry QC. I joined Steam with the same outlook when I bought my first PC game on it.

Now I have a backlog on that one format of over 450 titles. I'm sure you'll resist though...

Comment

Steamed: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162196

Comment

Final Fantasy IX is coming to PC

Comment

UPDATE 06/01/2016 7.15pm: Final Fantasy 9's Steam release will offer "seven game boosters including high speed and no e…

The new port of FFIX will allow players to remove the battles from the game.

Comment

In memory of David Bowie, Square has made Omikron free for Steam via their online store for one week or until stocks expire. Claim via the link

Comment

Until stocks expire...?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Until stocks expire...?
                    I think with Steam, when you do a free giveaway for a "proper" game (i.e. a game which would traditionally be digital as well as boxed, i.e. not indie) you have to specify a max number of units as part of the offer. They've probably specified something daft like 5 million, but it's just to cover their arse in case they somehow run out.

Comment

Ah, I didn't know that at all. Seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Ah, I didn't know that at all. Seems odd.
                        Yeah, it is. I think it's because Square-Enix are selling it via their website, so they have to acquire the codes off Steam and put them in a database to give away - which means they have to choose an amount, like 100,000. They can, in theory, run out.

Comment

Of course. That actually makes sense now. They are only going to have a certain number of codes from Steam.

Comment

Big, beautiful and rewarding, Jonathan Blow's enigmatic puzzle epic is virtuoso game design - and only a fraction too clever for its own good.

The Witness has been getting its reviews in and is mostly pulling 9's and 10's

Five Nights at Freddy's World (or FNaF World for short) has been removed from sale on Steam after a flurry of complaint…

Meanwhile, after an early release, Five Nights at Freddy's World has been pulled from release and refunds are being issued to all buyers. The game is going back into development and when completed it will be released as a free title following the initial poorly received launch.

Comment

GRIP is a high octane, hardcore combat racer, packing ferocious speed and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons. Inspired by games like Rollcage, Wipeout, Motorstorm and Star Wars Podracer, it's like nothing you've ever played before.

Grip, the spiritual sequel to Rollcage, is out on Steam Early Access

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                http://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/

Grip, the spiritual sequel to Rollcage, is out on Steam Early Access
                                That's cool, the Rollcage games are badass.

Comment

Working...
                                X