No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza Horizon 2 new dlc launches tomorrow.

Storm Island

Trailer:
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Features:
    6 New Cars including off-road raid trucks
    New area of the map called Storm Island
    Over 80 New Events
    New Extreme Weather
    New Ramapage game mode
    New Gauntlet event
    Also new Barn Find, new Playground Arenas, new Bucket List and a new car meet
    23 new Xbox Live achievements (adding up to 500 gamerscore points to your total).

Price:
    $19.99, Horizon 2 VIP's will receive a 50 percent discount on the expansion, making the price $9.99.

Comment

Nice. I'll have to get that myself Thanks for the heads up.
      By the way, did I ever mention that the guy responsible for the Barnfinds car models is a mate of mine since the mid 90's We'll be meeting up this Christmas when I go back to the UK. Should be fun. Haven't seen him is years.

Comment

Excellent, and perfect timing too. Shall be grabbing for sure.

Comment

I switched my X1 to instant on in hope this would enable background updates so that i could get rid of the frequent and most annoying mandatory game and app updates... but it looks like it doesn't work for me. is this feature still in development?

Comment

Sure it works for some I don't use the feature to be honest.

Speaking of updates etc...
            The Forza Horizon 2 DLC, you can buy it, but can't play it in game yet. Turn 10 said should be able to update at 9pm tonight (that's a 430MB game update to make it work after the 3.7GB DLC download).

Comment

Just check your settings.

In order to have available downloads update automatically, you must select the option to automatically download updates in the Power & startup menu. Additionally, your console looks for these updates while in the Instant-On power mode’s low power state. In other words, your console has to be off to check for downloads. If you select your console to never turn off in the Power & startup settings, the console will not look for updates in the background until it shuts off. To receive background updates automatically, set your console to turn off automatically after 1 or 6 hours of inactivity, or simply turn it off when you’re not using it. Otherwise, games and apps may require a small download when you start the title.

Comment

"Small download", small compared to what, all the torrents on Pirate Bay.

Comment

Mine randomly turns off completely even tho I have it set to instant on...really only touch it on the weekends tho so maybe the instant on has a time limit? A week without play shuts it down?

Only been caught out with one huge Halo patch...everything else has been installed when I have wanted to play.

Comment

Works fine for me. Set mine to turn off after an hour and it kicks into download mode soon after that

Comment

My One had five attempts at updating today. Combined with the crash when I first used it and the E200 error message last week I'm remembering what it was like using Windows.

Comment

Tetris Ultimate is out now, ten dollars so guess six or seven quid

The world’s most-loved puzzle game arrives on next-gen consoles, and is better than ever in Tetris® Ultimate. Features six modes and new features.

Risk came out yesterday too if that floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Just check your settings.
                          well, i did this of course, but it looks like updates are not downloaded in the background, but when then console goes into standby mode.

i also learned it's fatal to cut the console from power while in instant-on mode. i couldn't start any games or apps today and had to hard-reset the console to get it working again.

i am really not sure if instant on is really a good solution, taking into account the significant amount of power (15 Watt) the console consumes in this mode.

Comment

On an individual basis, it's not a lot (1p an hour?), but over X million users, it's a significant energy burden. I get mine from ecotricity, so I'm not too bothered on a personal level.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              On an individual basis, it's not a lot (1p an hour?), but over X million users, it's a significant energy burden. I get mine from ecotricity, so I'm not too bothered on a personal level.
                              1p an hour 24p a day ?1.68 a week and ?6.72 a month!!! That's a Netflix sub. Scandalous just to say xbox on once a day.

Comment

So the FH2 patch is showing installing at 100% for hours. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                                X