No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next door neighbour gets 1.3Mb/s. I get 38Mb/s.
    He's on a different exchange.

Comment

I'm sitting on the Shinkansen right now traveling at over 100mph watching YouTube in 1080p on my phone over the 4G network

Yeah, I'm know I'm being a twat but still...... It's impressive.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 19-01-2015, 13:41.

Comment

Yeah that is pretty good. If I'm on the bus my 4G fluctuates constantly over here.

Comment

Is it right that I need to sign in to my profile (the only one on the machine) whenever I restart the machine using the instant on option?

Comment

Not if you have auto-sign on.
            Instant On is flakey for me - I've stopped using it.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Is it right that I need to sign in to my profile (the only one on the machine) whenever I restart the machine using the instant on option?
              You get get it to auto sign in if you select it in the settings. The default is to make you sign in every time you start up the Xbox though.

Comment

It is crazy mate as you know I'm only a few miles away from you,yet can get BT Infinity
                The wonders of BT Openworld - how that company is allowed a complete monopoly on BB roll out is beyond me (thought the Tories were all for open competition ) More or less given up on us ever getting Fiber optic/Super Fast Broadband and the mobile phone coverage is even worse here... even 3G is a distant dream , still at least the view is nice and one is able to take the dog for nice walks

Last edited by Team Andromeda; 19-01-2015, 08:57.

Comment

Zero mobile reception in my house. On any network. Need a vodafone suresignal. And today, we have no hot water or heating. I'm keeping the fire going. Not at the "eating coal" stage yet though.

Comment

Not at the sheep rustling stage yet then lol . Some of us Welsh 'may' have been there lol

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Zero mobile reception in my house. On any network. Need a vodafone suresignal.

No you need not to be on vodaphone, if it gets to the point where you need to put a mini phone antenna in your house using your own electricity to boost your signal your not getting a good service.

Comment

If I want to have mobile phone reception in the house, it's my only option. No coverage on any network and vodafone is the only one to give the voip option. They gave me the device for free when I said I was going to go elsewhere though.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 19-01-2015, 10:25.

Comment

Not if you have auto-sign on.
                          Instant On is flakey for me - I've stopped using it.
                          Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                          You get get it to auto sign in if you select it in the settings. The default is to make you sign in every time you start up the Xbox though.
                          It auto signs in on the power saving option, is there another sign-in setting then?

Comment

If I want to have mobile phone reception in the house, it's my only option. No coverage on any network and vodafone is the only one to give the voip option. They gave me the device for free when I said I was going to go elsewhere though.
                            All of the networks do VoIP apps for phones now, so you don't need a separate device

Comment

Ah didn't know that. Have you tried? Any good?

edit: the suresignal thing has far better coverage than the wifi. It stays on full signal throughout the house and in the garden. Which probably means it's frying my brain

Comment

Ah didn't know that. Have you tried? Any good?

edit: the suresignal thing has far better coverage than the wifi. It stays on full signal throughout the house and in the garden. Which probably means it's frying my brain
                                it uses the 2.4 ghz network so is probably just got better antennas in it than your router, it may also be giving you interference on your wi-fi if the channels are too close. I don't know how Vodafone get away with spinning the sure signal as a good thing dose it boost other Vodafone users signal too if there walking past your house.

Comment

Working...
                                X