No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft announced last night that Xbox One games will be streamable to Windows 10 PCs and tablet devices over a local…

MS is investigating being able to stream Windowns 10 games to XBO

Comment

Im so interested in that having run the rule over Nvidia Shield & Razer Forge TV.

Comment

Riptide 2 is indeed ?3.99/$4.99 pricing was wrong on a site earlier in the week.

Reviews should be up tomorrow, this actual gameplay video looks a bit bland, but it shouldn't be too dependent on stunts which is good in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-one-streaming

MS is investigating being able to stream Windowns 10 games to XBO
          i still don't get if we get another twitch or the euqivalent to PS Now?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
            i still don't get if we get another twitch or the euqivalent to PS Now?
            Streaming and playing the games.. not just the videos.

The ideal (for me) Backwards compatibility with the xbox 360 library on the One, with streaming to a windows 10 tablet or PC..

Comment

let's be clear here, you don't need an Xbox and rent the game?

Comment

let's be clear here, you don't need an Xbox and rent the game?
                I agree with k0pp0.

Even tho I have both a 360 & XOne, I have a huge library of 360/Arcade games bought & downloaded to my 360 which I know I'll never get played within the next 2 - 3 yrs, & I'm worried that once they close down LIVE for the 360 then I wont be able to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                  Riptide 2 is indeed ?3.99/$4.99 pricing was wrong on a site earlier in the week.

Reviews should be up tomorrow, this actual gameplay video looks a bit bland, but it shouldn't be too dependent on stunts which is good in my book

Looks decent!

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                    I agree with k0pp0.

Even tho I have both a 360 & XOne, I have a huge library of 360/Arcade games bought & downloaded to my 360 which I know I'll never get played within the next 2 - 3 yrs, & I'm worried that once they close down LIVE for the 360 then I wont be able to play them.
                    as long as you have them downloaded loacally on your hdd and don't want to play online you should be fine. just make sure you update your library before the 360 maketplace shuts down. i suspect this might happen by the end of 2015, if we are lucky end of 2016.

Comment

as long as you have them downloaded loacally on your hdd and don't want to play online you should be fine. just make sure you update your library before the 360 maketplace shuts down. i suspect this might happen by the end of 2015, if we are lucky end of 2016.
                      How do I update my library buddy? I know that I used to take my 360 harddrive over to my ex's to use on my 4Gb over there, & I downloaded a couple of games then, so how do I enable them to play on my usual 360 when not online? Also what if my 360 dies & I want to buy another? If I buy it after LIVE closes then I wont be able to re-download my stuff

Comment

Can't see why they wouldn't give you access to games you have already purchased/downloaded (ala Steam). Obviously that doesn't count for physical games, but given the azure backbone I wonder if the processing powerr required to run 360 games can be found in the cloud somehow. They certainly could try HLE and use the cloud to report on game ownership and coverage and known issues easy enough...

Or maybe you could authenticate the game with a physical copy and then stream the title in a gakai type way?

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                          How do I update my library buddy? I know that I used to take my 360 harddrive over to my ex's to use on my 4Gb over there, & I downloaded a couple of games then, so how do I enable them to play on my usual 360 when not online? Also what if my 360 dies & I want to buy another? If I buy it after LIVE closes then I wont be able to re-download my stuff
                          And that is why digital download only is a load of ****. I've been saying this for the last 10 years almost. Once 360 live is gone then so are your games that you bought. Once that 360 HD dies you won't be getting your games back. The only way you could is if you make copied of them illegally on to other HDs or USB sticks.

Comment

true, the DRM is bull**** and once 360 live is down, either 360 or hdd is broke your digital library is gone. you can then file a claim against MS, which will have no hold as MS will point to their online terms of use that every XBL user agreed on

that's also going to happen with online only games a la Titanfall or disc based games which were released in unfinished state and can only be played via huge online patches. welcome to the future!

@ EDDIE
                            i don't think you can play or update your games on more than one console as the licenses are bound to you console ID as opposed to your account. so if you want to play your digital downloaded games on a different console you have to transfer all your licenses first. there is a function in the dashboard/account.
                            Last edited by Uli; 24-01-2015, 01:43.

Comment

We dont really know what they'll do because this would be the first time at such a scale. I don't really have faith in them to do the right thing because they're a business and will simply say the demand isn't there and, oh, here are some free games for all you One owners as consolation.

I hope that, at the very least, licensing for 360 games would function for many years to come because it won't use up many resources to authenticate a game when you want to play it.

How long they'll host the files is the bigger concern.

I guess when the 360 officially dies, jtagging will become the way to keep your library alive. If there's no Live access anyway then there's no worry about getting banned.

Uli's mention of patches concerns me.

Comment

Once 360 live is gone then so are your games that you bought.
                                And once that happens . I'm betting most people won't give a toss about 360 games . Most people here hardly play any of their old XBox games anymore and in 10 years time that will be true for 360 games

either 360 or hdd is broke your digital library is gone
                                C'mon that's just looking for stuff that 'might' happen . I mean if you believe the scare stories CD discs game are only meant to last 15 to 20 years . That means that people's collections of PS, Saturn, Mega CD, PC-Eng CD-Rom games won't work in the future . Not that I bet most people even bother to play their PS or Saturn games (bar a few die hards) .

Comment

Working...
                                X