No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things have been looking up for the Xbox One, and you can place much of the emphasis on the console's upturn following …

Eurogamer sits down and chats with Phil Spencer about steering the XBO ship

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I know where you're coming from. All or nothing, it feels like. Seems crazy to be using the most powerful consoles ever made to play games that tablets could handle five years ago.

I can imagine studios being less bothered with making AAA games when we gamers just gather like hyenas around the likes of The Order, whether they've played it or not.

I don't think the film comparison works though. It just feels that way.
      A glance at the top 10 shows some films way under your 80 mill benchmark.
      Chappie - ?49m
      Focus - $50.1m
      Fiddy shades - $40m
      Unfinished Business - $35m
      The Lazarus Effect - $3.3m
      American Sniper - $58.8m
      That was a typo...was meant to say 25 years! I have heard a few directors talking about films they "used to like" not being made (mainly Kevin Smith!)... then making them. Of course, its a lot cheaper nowadays what with digital cameras and accessible CGI.

And yep...we should be applauding The Order. A new IP AND a high budget AT ONCE?!

Comment

Speculation on reddit that we might see a Gears of War HD Remastered Collection announced this year. It'd make total sense and I'd be fine with it as long as it contained all four games (Judgment wasn't as bad as some have it) and is in better shape at launch than Halo Collection was

Comment

Horizontal shooter coming to the One, called Aguraki. Not so sure on the level of quality of the dev though.

Info
          All the latest Xbox news and headlines from Pure Xbox, subscribe to our RSS feed or on social media

Comment

If The Order was an action epic like Resident Evil 4 it would have probably received more love. AAA or not.

There's still a market for AAA games, why else would people be buying powerful consoles? They just need to make good games.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...ar_collection/

Speculation on reddit that we might see a Gears of War HD Remastered Collection announced this year. It'd make total sense and I'd be fine with it as long as it contained all four games (Judgment wasn't as bad as some have it) and is in better shape at launch than Halo Collection was
              I'd buy it. Some great co-op in those games and would be a great setup for the new title coming. I actually liked judgement, it divided opinions but it had some great ideas.

Comment

Slender The Arrival, new and improved is out is out now, guess it's about a fiver with the 30% launch discount.

Comment

Rosetta Stone Courses are coming to the One

All the latest Xbox news and headlines from Pure Xbox, subscribe to our RSS feed or on social media

Comment

If the courses are cheaper than the iOS versions I might try that. Average is ?150 for a language pack on the mobile version.

Comment

Rosetta Stone Courses are coming to the One????

nope cant get my head around that?

on a phone yeah you can learn while your traveling or out and about, but who would want to learn at there xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        on a phone yeah you can learn while your traveling or out and about, but who would want to learn at there xbox?

Maybe they do an English course?

Comment

"?couter. R?p?ter.

Vous peice stupides de la merde ! Je vais vous tuer ! MOM ! Je ai besoin de plus de croustilles , MAINTENANT!"

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Maybe they do an English course?
                            Maybe but i didn't fight in two world wars to use the correct there, their, or they're.

There, is a class i go to to learn better English. The people they're very nice, one person even lent me their pen.

Comment

Dude, that's like scraping nails down a chalkboard.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Dude, that's like scraping nails down a chalkboard.
                                "Chews some wool and tinfoil with a mouth full of fillings"

Comment

Working...
                                X