Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd put a chunk of blame on the Wii still, or more specifically Nintendo's handling of it. It was mega successful for those first 3 years but after that Nintendos complacency was staggering. The system could have sold more than it managed to but they became victims of their own success and thought brand name alone would shift the system in the later days leading into the WiiU. The seeds for their downfall started before WiiU, same with the fumbling of the 3DS launch. Nintendo can't handle massive scale success it feels like.

Comment

I don't think that needing to sell more systems was their problem. They just needed a higher attach rate, to reach people who never ventured beyond Wii Sports. They managed that with Wii Fit to some extent, but that's not the type of audience that buys games very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        I'd put a chunk of blame on the Wii still, or more specifically Nintendo's handling of it. It was mega successful for those first 3 years but after that Nintendos complacency was staggering. .
        To be fair to Nintendo, knowing the WiiU was coming they probably had to divert all their resources to developing the extensive number of launch games and first year output... no, wait, that didn't happen.

Comment

Xenoblade X stuff on the Nintendo store

Comment

This is a big surprise and out of nowhere, Zack and Wiki is on eshop!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
              This is a big surprise and out of nowhere, Zack and Wiki is on eshop!!!
              It was officially announced at the start of the week, mate. It was re-released on WiiU eShop on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                It was officially announced at the start of the week, mate. It was re-released on WiiU eShop on Thursday.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ecember_europe
                Err >_< i blame the forth road bridge for being late!

Comment

MineCraft on WiiU in December...$30?! The PS4 version is only $25 FFS!

Comment

I've heard that Xenoblade has entered the UK charts at 34. That honestly might be sales measurable in the hundreds.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      MineCraft on WiiU in December...$30?! The PS4 version is only $25 FFS!
                      And given the entire world already owns Minecraft, it could be a tough sell. I reckon it could work beautifully on WiiU so maybe it will find an audience but my girls are used to the 360 version and likely won't shift from that unless Stampy gives them a good reason to.

Comment

Bit late for Minecraft isnt it with Wii U probably getting the can next year, seems an ideal platform for it though, shouldve been a launch title.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I've heard that Xenoblade has entered the UK charts at 34. That honestly might be sales measurable in the hundreds.
                          And it appears to have already done better than Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii ever did in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            And it appears to have already done better than Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii ever did in the UK.
                            Either way, it's a good indication of how niche that sort of taste is in the UK. For instance, I remember being annoyed back in the PS1 days about Xenogears not getting a UK release (I've never played it), but stuff like this makes me realise that no matter how much places like Bordersdown like the games we like, it doesn't change that our tastes are obscure and always will be. Videogames becoming more popular than ever before hasn't changed that.

Comment

I do wonder if, hypothetically this game was say released on PS4 and received a good advertising campaign it would reach a far wider audience and sell in greater numbers? For Wii U it has barley come by without any kind of attention other than by certain gamers who are interested in this type of game?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Either way, it's a good indication of how niche that sort of taste is in the UK. For instance, I remember being annoyed back in the PS1 days about Xenogears not getting a UK release (I've never played it), but stuff like this makes me realise that no matter how much places like Bordersdown like the games we like, it doesn't change that our tastes are obscure and always will be. Videogames becoming more popular than ever before hasn't changed that.
                                I don't disagree with you. I was just noting an interesting contrast, is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X