Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The screen on the WiiU could be really handy in Minecraft. But no... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...gamepad_screen

Comment

Effort put into port = zero. I mean that is so obviously the very best use of the gamepad screen.

Comment

Is Xenoblade that niche? After all it's just a Japanese style Skyrim and that was huge.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Is Xenoblade that niche? After all it's just a Japanese style Skyrim and that was huge.
          It has anime style visuals and giant robots.

Skyrim is "OK" because it's like Game of Thrones which has sex in it.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
            I do wonder if, hypothetically this game was say released on PS4 and received a good advertising campaign it would reach a far wider audience and sell in greater numbers? For Wii U it has barley come by without any kind of attention other than by certain gamers who are interested in this type of game?
            I used to be a fan of these titles, and if it had come out on Xbox I'd have picked it up. I have a Wii U but aside from Mario I play nothing on it and don't really feel like picking this up. I have totally lost motivation with the console and therefore my sale for this game has suffered as a consequence.

Shame really as I'm sure the game is great.
            Last edited by djtickle; 09-12-2015, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I've heard that Xenoblade has entered the UK charts at 34. That honestly might be sales measurable in the hundreds.
              It doesn't help that while i do get enjoyment from the game, i'd hesitate to recommend it to others as it feels much more of a chore than it should. To the point of really frustrating me at times.

Made this lavish world and intricate sytems, and then just put zero effort into streamlining anything at all. I mean you cant just press a button and get an idea of where you need to go...despite having a second screen they somehow made navigation a chore.

Comment

After a mere 2 months, the WiiU Emulator has already progressed enough to run Mario Kart 8 at this level. It's not there but the progress seems damned fast

This second vid shows the very latest update of the emu running on an i7 with GTX980

Comment

Do people seriously play these emulators? They always seem to need a monster PC with a graphics card that costs more than the actual console does.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                    Do people seriously play these emulators? They always seem to need a monster PC with a graphics card that costs more than the actual console does.
                    Additionally, they often require disc-image ROMs, and I'm still not OK with downloading games that are readily commercially available right now.

Comment

Core i7 and GTX980 are worth three WiiUs alone. I guess it's worth for old games that can be rendeted at higher resolutions with better textures, but for recent consoles it's more about testing someone's coding skills.

Comment

Yup, there's a mental divide between the retro stuff and newer machines. With the newer ones there's little value at the moment with emulating 360 etc but it's an interesting programming subject. Especially the differences in speed between progress rates.

It'll be long while till there's any arguable value to emulating say PS3 though. Machines are still cheap and plentiful and preservation isn't much of an issue. Could eventually be interesting for the day some games and more so the many patches are no longer available.

Comment

Additionally, they often require disc-image ROMs, and I'm still not OK with downloading games that are readily commercially available right now.
                          you can still buy wii u games in a shop?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            you can still buy wii u games in a shop?
                            Yes, even if that shop's Amazon.

Admittedly our local supermarkets ditched it around the time Lego Dimensions came out. The videogame aisles are starting to feel like Games Workshop.

Comment

Yes, even if that shop's Amazon.

Admittedly our local supermarkets ditched it around the time Lego Dimensions came out. The videogame aisles are starting to feel like Games Workshop.
                              It's kinda sad. The xbox and PlayStation have a decent amount of dedicated space in my local. I think around 30ish games for both current gen and another 30 divide between bargain and last gen.

The Wii U gets to share about 10 spaces with the 3DS and they don't stock the console. Then you get sections bigger than current gen dedicated to each Dimensions, Infinity and Skylanders.

Comment

not had the urge to fire up my willU for months now, prob not helping im playing fallout4 on ps4 but Ive got mario maker and xenoblade sat on the shelf unopened too and i cant muster any excitement to bother giving them a try now..

feel pretty let down by nintendos effects to repay the consumer for buying this WiiU even though it does have some great titles, what else do we really have left to look forward too now.. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X