Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pro Controller is wireless but it will need to be charged up through the consoles USB on the front first. And stupidly it only charges when the console is turned on but once it is fully charged it will last a crazy long time.
    I have heard if people charging it with a plug/USB adapter in to the mains, not tried it myself but someone on here might have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      1. Only come with the console
      2. If you brought one where? </facetious> - Real answer = I don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure they are just regular wireless pads like a DS4
      3. Even by Wiiu standards this is a new level of confusion to me. Nintendo seriously f'd this console up. Wii sensor bar only needed to play Wii games, hopefully this answers your question!
      4. Good back compatibility (perfect?), Games look fine fine thru HDMI but no better than a regular wii would thru component i.e. there's no improvement over a Wii output.
      Thanks for the answers Brad!

I'm presuming there's some piracy around the Wii U Pro Controllers? I'll be buying from Amazon as I like my things shiny, shiny.

I'm a bit gutted you can only buy a Wii U GamePad with the console, it feels so stupid to not be able to buy replacements. I believe the Wii U has the sensor bar in it so sorry fro my confusion! Good to hear about the Wii compatibility, there's a few games I would like to soak up when the well runs dry on Wii U.

Comment

Ah yes, the WiiU gamepad has a wii sensor bar built into it. Most bizarre!

Metroid Prime Trilogy looks and plays very nciely on the WiiU, as does Sin and Punishment: Successor to the skies

Comment

The sensor bar on the controller became a pain for me on Metroid Prime. Had been playing it while the missus watched the TV and it's great that you can display it on the Gamepad while it is just sitting on your lap. However, control sometimes went crazy for me. What I think was happening was that the Wii controller was being picked up on the Gamepad sensor bar whereas I was holding it like I would for the TV. I didn't want the Gamepad picking it up. Anyway, some sitting adjustment seemed to sort it but it was frustrating for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            A Wii U only supports a single GamePad too.
            Supposedly the hardware supports two of them, though Nintendo have never formally supported it in the games or software.

Comment

I remember that early on, prior to the machine's release, they said that they would add official support for multiple gamepads later. So that would jibe with the hardware having support technically built in for that.

Comment

The battery on the pro controller is quite brilliant.
                It lasts possibly 5x longer than the DS4.
                It has a standard mini-usb socket on it, I charge it (very infrequently) from the mains.

Comment

I get over 80 hours out of my pro controller on a single charge.

Comment

Yeah, it's hilarious that it's so good, when the gamepad battery is so piss poor! Somebody working on the pro controller missed the memo about making the battery life short, so you can sell an enhanced one as an accessory.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                      Yeah, it's hilarious that it's so good, when the gamepad battery is so piss poor! Somebody working on the pro controller missed the memo about making the battery life short, so you can sell an enhanced one as an accessory.
                      The GamePad battery, if you open it up, is half the size of the compartment. You can get bigger batteries, but Nintendo obviously cut costs by supplying a smaller one.

Comment

The bigger battery became essential for me during extended MH sittings. It's a very easy install that even a ham-fisted dolt like me can manage, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I get over 80 hours out of my pro controller on a single charge.
                          Just to note (though it's a bit off-topic), I very much recommend upgrading the batteries in Dual Shock 3 controllers. You can get enormous ones on eBay etc. for next to nothing. Given, you have to disassemble the controller, but it's quite easy to do. Now, my DS3's charge up and don't run down for literally weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            The bigger battery became essential for me during extended MH sittings. It's a very easy install that even a ham-fisted dolt like me can manage, too.
                            It must greatly increase the wight, right?

Comment

I think I remember noticing it when I made the switch, yeah, but it's still plenty comfortable.

Comment

Nintendo has failed to make a Top 100 Brands list it's featured on at a 100% track record since the list began in 2001 with Interbrand

Comment

Working...
                                X