Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. It doesn't help that the most dedicated players are more interested in Project M anyway, not that they'd have been significant sales driver.

I think they could've done a better job of branding this game. Simply calling it 'Super Smash Bros for Wii U' and 'Super Smash Bros for 3DS' does not do a good job of imparting what's new about the game.

I'm lukewarm on it myself, I've never been a big fan of SSB. I probably enjoyed Melee the most. Far more interested in the MK DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
      ANTICLIMACTIC???!!!!

Are you seriously kidding me?!!!!!

:-p

What i played of Bros at e3 was awesome, but not 'Melee' awesome... so my anticipation dwindled somewhat, if im to be honest, but after that Direct im fully on board. THERE'S JUST SO MUCH STUFF!

I think this is going to be amazing. Cant wait.
      So more is worth getting excited about?

If a franchise I liked was coming out and I already knew an older game was better I would be severely disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Agreed. It doesn't help that the most dedicated players are more interested in Project M anyway, not that they'd have been significant sales driver.

I think they could've done a better job of branding this game. Simply calling it 'Super Smash Bros for Wii U' and 'Super Smash Bros for 3DS' does not do a good job of imparting what's new about the game.

I'm lukewarm on it myself, I've never been a big fan of SSB. I probably enjoyed Melee the most. Far more interested in the MK DLC.
        Uh, really?

Comment

Whats Project M?

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
            Whats Project M?
            I think it's a fan mod for brawl on wii.

I wouldn't play either, lame franchise imo.

Comment

Never enjoyed Smash Bros. I have tried every 'TV console' iteration hoping it would finally click but it I just don't get it. I can't wait for Yoshi and Captain Toad though. Oh and Shantae: Curse of the Pirates.

Comment

That not right Speedy? One lad I work with is absolutely obsessive about the game and always playing in Project M tournaments. I don't know much about it myself.

Comment

Smash Bros will see the arrival of predownloads to WiiU

Comment

LOL damn, Nintendo is ice cold

Comment

Well, a lot of description of Sonic-related trophies in Smash Bros. 3DS are like this. I wonder if they come from Nintendo or Sega.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        That not right Speedy? One lad I work with is absolutely obsessive about the game and always playing in Project M tournaments. I don't know much about it myself.
                        Looking at Evo, I'd say Melee is still king. Melee requires strict execution though, I think Project M is more accessible.

Comment

Gotta be honest, I'm kinda enjoying SSB4 at present - 3DS version is great for casual play (I'm not very good at it in any case!), better than I thought it would be.

I only ever really played 64 back in the day, and even then only sporadically. I pretty much skipped Melee and Brawl.

Wii U version will probably be a day-one purchase for me. No real need for the Gamecube adapter/controller gubbins (unless Nintendo do a u-turn and announce that you'll be able to use them for other titles on Wii U in future) so Pro Controller should do just fine.

Comment

Thinking of buying a WiiU as a Christmas thing for us. What else do we need apart from one of the game bundles?

Do normal wiimotes work with it? Or just the newer motion+ ones?

Does it come with a charging dock for the game pad?

Also, can anyone suggest a good charger set for wiimotes? I've thrown out two in the pas for being cheap ****e. I want to get one that holds a decent charge and detects/prevents overcharge.

I assume it connects via HDMI?

Do the Wii classic controllers work with it? The older, smaller ones.

Does the 3DS interact with it much?

Anything else worth knowing?

Comment

HDMI yes.
                              Old Wii Motes yes for most games inc Mario 3D and NSMB and Mario Kart.
                              Charging dock for gamepad yes on my premium version.
                              Classic controllers yes but not for all games. Does with Mario not with Hyrule Warriors.

Comment

Bayonetta 2 can use the classic controller, apparently.

Wouldn't recommend it. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X