Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't give a rat's ass about Smash Bros but I'll kick myself for not getting one of these if GameCube games ever hit Virtual Console.

Comment

Right now supposedly it only works with Smash Bros.

And apparently they've already had a driver created so that people can plug a Cube pad into their PC and play stuff via Dolphin. Which sounds awesome. And also another reason Nintendo would cease production.

Comment

I don't think they have ceased production as if that was true Amazon Japan wouldn't be saying more stock coming dec 22nd they would be saying unavailable. It's just scaremongering so people who have them can feel smug and hoarders can flip them at unrealistic prices, already seen people hyping them as a rare item lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          There's a rumour, seemingly, that Nintendo have informed Amazon etc. that the pad adaptor was a limited run, and they will not be making any more - so the message is if you don't have one now, either pay daft eBay prices or just live with it.

I'm hoping that's not true, because if it is, it's ****.
          Reminds me when Nintendo Europe released a statement saying Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii wasn't discontinued despite other regions discontinuing the game. Of course it never came back in stock that I saw and luckily I managed to grab a mint pre-owned copy from HMV in Canary Wharf one lunchtime for c ?22/23.

Even if the adapter does come in stock again I'll imagine it being sold with the game is going to be rare. I knew from instinct and what I'd read on NeoGaf that these peripherals were going to be in demand. It seems very likely Nintendo must have allocated stock to their own store in preference to other retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            That's so typically Nintendo that I bet it is true.
            This.

Comment

May seem a daft question, but can't you use the WiiU Pro controller or the Wii Classic Controller? Or one of the WiiuX Multisystem's other 7543 controllers?

If so, I'm a bit surprised over the demand. I mean the GameCube controller's fine, but is it really that much better than the other things you could use?

Comment

You can. I use a Pro Controller.

People just like to pretend that you need a Cube controller to play Brawl/Smash Wii U, you don't.

Comment

My pro controller comes tomorrow. How annoying I will have Bayonetta 2, a Pro controller but no Wii U until the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    May seem a daft question, but can't you use the WiiU Pro controller or the Wii Classic Controller? Or one of the WiiuX Multisystem's other 7543 controllers?

If so, I'm a bit surprised over the demand. I mean the GameCube controller's fine, but is it really that much better than the other things you could use?
                    As mentioned you can use a multitude of the existing Wii/WiiU (and 3DS) options for Super Smash Bros for WiiU. It's just a lot of players really rate the GC controller from the Melee (and Brawl ) games. There some reasonable opinions here: http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/2...n+with+Amiibo/

It's been a long time since I played Melee, so for me the reason to own the Adapter was simply that it was only costing me ?10-12 extra over the standard release and I still have GC and Wavebird controllers. Although in the end it is closer to ?20 extra that it cost me to get the adapter bundle. I very much doubt that the adapter will be patched into future games or anything so will likely remain a niche accessory unless Nintendo changed their mind based on the success of the peripheral.

Comment

Adapter is also useful for GameCube playing, either on Pc or on Wii U via homebrew Chanel, the latter perhaps being a reason for the high demand?

Cant wait for Christmas, I have picked up quite a bit og Wii U stash used and new and the final package is:

-Wii U premium
                      -Official high capacity battery
                      -Official charging stand
                      -Wii U pro controller
                      -Wii U GameCube adapter
                      -Nintendoland
                      -Super mario 3d land
                      -Super Mario Kart 8
                      -Zelda Windwalker HD
                      -Bayonetta 2
                      -Super Smash Bros
                      -Raymen Legends
                      -Wii U Party

Several items were 10-15gbp and a mix of new and used.

Not sure there are that many other games of interest, but this lot will do me for a few years

Comment

Premium machine comes with a charging stand anyway.

Comment

Hahah ok!

Comment

Nice Christmas present. You won't be watching much TV!

PS. Not a bad thing.

Comment

Nintendo Heads for Best Holiday in Years as Profit Triple

Amibo, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart doing well (?640 million) on amibo from US sales alone, and predictions of 3.5 million wiiu sales for this christmas period wow

Comment

All the vocal doom sayers must be feeling pretty stupid right about now. Good thing Nintendo doesn't listen to internet idiots with their "great" financial advice of putting Mario out on iPhones or that Nintendo should have given up on the Wii U and other rubbish.

2015 is going to be even better games-wise than this year, they have a ton of quality titles coming out and certainly more than either Sony or Microsoft.

Comment

Working...
                                X